2DIEs bikes

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Stripped the 18" Blank Hustla down and regreased everything as then stem and cranks were loose and thought it had some crud in there.

Put some Vise wheels with red anno Vise hubs on the United with Innova 2.3" tyres front and back, just needs a rear tube now.

Put the all black Vise wheelset (with a black label rear rim) on the Verde, just waiting on some grips in the mail.

All just need a good wipe down and the Blank will get a polish as well (the other 2 are matte).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

2DIE

Likes Dirt
And I thought I'd show before and after the citric acid bath on the Radio BMX, the last 2 pics are after.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
That shine and clean just.comes from soaking? Or is there some elbow grease to back it up?
It was that shiny and clean when it come out but some areas had turned to a light gold colour where the rust was, I thought u might have left it in too long and that it might have ate through the chrome but it rubbed off with a but of polish and no effort.

Aside from the rear triangle where the rust is in the pics and a little on the down tube I haven't polished any more of it yet as the Autosol made it duller like I mentioned before and I haven't got around to trying my other polishes yet.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I just used paint stripper on some cranks and found its rusty under the paint.

I used about half a 75g container in hot water in a ice cream tub, the rust was gone in just a few mins.

I'll upload a short video of the bubbles soon.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
1st pic is about 30 seconds rubbing with a rag and Autosol, 2nd pic is about 1 minute of using a $3 foam cone on a drill.

It still has paint on the cranks but I'm just testing as it's all new to me, I'll give it another coat of paint stripper tomorrow then shine the whole thing up.

I'm happy with how the raw steel shines up.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Another United BMX

Some frames (Total, Norco, United)

Got a bunch of tyres too but I'm really liking this 2.4" Duo High Street, I have a 2.3" of the same model to match it too.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Not quite finished but a before and 2 after pics of one of the United bikes.

The tyres are now too fat to fit brakes so I'm in the middle of taking the brakes off, I chucked some Vise wheels with red hubs on it, some 2.4" redwalls and my red Spank stem.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The red and white wall tyres look sick!

That is a lot of work to raw and buff your frames. Is this a typical amount of time for people doing what you do? Pics and vid were good.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
The red and white wall tyres look sick!

That is a lot of work to raw and buff your frames. Is this a typical amount of time for people doing what you do? Pics and vid were good.
I'm not sure what the typical amount of time is to raw a frame, just stripping the paint is a lengthy process as I've had to stp just the 1 crank 4 times to get all the tiny bits around the welds off.

The polishing didn't really turn out how I wanted it, it's not a chrome looking finish like I have seen others get. I tried 2000 grit paper and then scotchbrite pads then buffing with the foam drill attachment but it's still not the best but it would probably pass for chrome from a few meters away.

I haven't finished both cranks yet but I can tell a frame is going to be a pretty big job to take on. I'll have to look into speeding up my process somehow and trying to scrape paint with a razorblade off a frame while it's hanging off the clothes line isn't going to work.. I'll have to find some little old crappy table to stick out the back of my unit to do it in and do 1 end at a time so I can hold on to the other end to stop it from sliding around.

The left crank just had a quick polish to stop any rust feom setting in between now and when I get the paint stripper on to it next, I probably spent up to a hour just polishing the right crank already and it still needs more I reckon.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I stripped a bmx frame when I was in high school. I am not claiming to have done an amazing or even good job, but it was quick. I locked the frame in my vice by the bottom bracket. Then got a file and...well it didn't take long to rip through the paint! I just kept it moving and managed to avoid marking the tubing (at least in a noticable way). Once I had done the I ripped it down with some paint stripper then a wire brush and sand paper. The last step was cans of spray paint while the frame hung by a twang of fishing line.

I'm a shit painter.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
These are both finished, the black and gold one found a new home today and the other one I'm holding on to for a friend.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
A United "The Voyage"
And another Verde AV

Both are in pretty rough condition but the United has all high end parts.

This United is about on par with my Sunday as my favorite.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I have a united voyage 21.5, awesome bike. Abit heavy but damn near unbreakable. Great frame.