301 liteville

BT180

Max Pfaff
Gotta say, I'm a fan of the GE1 grips too. From what I've seen/read you either love them or hate them.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
yeh

Oh yeah also a bike stand in the corner of living room . And that tool box is the best .
Went in to hardware store for a new small tool chest and walked out with that

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Wheels

Hey mate - obviously you like Syntace wheels? I was looking at a set on bike 24 that look to be a good price. They are 26" (which is all i can run) on the 35mm rim but have the M hub rather than the MX.

I'm not sure it's a huge difference. What were the ones you were running on this sled and how didn't you find them?

Cheers.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Hey mate - obviously you like Syntace wheels? I was looking at a set on bike 24 that look to be a good price. They are 26" (which is all i can run) on the 35mm rim but have the M hub rather than the MX.

I'm not sure it's a huge difference. What were the ones you were running on this sled and how didn't you find them?

Cheers.
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the M hub can only run 15mm front and has 28spokes front and rear, whereas the MX can be converted between 15/20mm front, and has 32 spokes...

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
syntace

Wheels come from eightyonespices. And yep 32 hole ,with 15/20 mm front hub on 26"
26 are still straight and true after fair bit riding on rough trails lots rocks etc. Few rim dents , more my fault went through a low tyre pressure faze , hub engagement is awsome but noisy .New wheels i greased the ratchet system
they are light and strong .

DeBloot

Feeling old
Such a good build you've got there mate - bit of inspiration for me

I couldn't afford the X2 so gone with the RS Debonaire
Also got some pikes from a seller on here
650b's but gonna run my 26 wheels on them

Gonna take it to MTB suspension centre in Stanmore and get the whole lot tuned

single-pivot

Likes Dirt

Cheers man. Its been work in progress for sure .
I have run mine with 26 " wheelset for ages had no problems with it like that .I ran some big 2.5 tyres front and back.
Depending on the type trails you have or ride rockshox works well ,its really on the hard,fast rough natural trails the float x2 starts to shine . Otherwise you'll have a blast
So did you pick a frame up ? And are building it up .

DeBloot

Feeling old
I picked up a frame only off someone on here about 3 years ago - Mk10 I think

I've had the stock CTD shock which I never found that inspiring
Running a 150 Revo old school straight steerer which is a good fork, but a pike will be better

I know how it rides in it's current set-up that well that any changes in ride quality will be immediately noticeable
Just waiting on the shock to arrive and then get them set up and I'm away
I'm hoping that a custom tune from a suspension guy I know will really make the Debonair shine

I've been wanting to upgrade the suspension for years, but went with a new wheeelset and drivetrain instead
I think as you said, there's nothing 'wrong' with the suspension - it could just be a lot better (esp for a 160mm travel bike)