• Thread starter Deleted member FN2187
  • Start date

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Did that already, didn't rate it. I couldn't take it everywhere. Gravel bikes have their limitations.
I was being a bit facetious :)

I love having a hardtail for around Canberra too. The large amount amount of fire roads and little paths and singletrack around the place are all there for exploring, and linking them up with an XC bike etc makes for some really great riding.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
the green iris paint job is the tits. I immediately replaced the cheap shit Rockshox coil sprung XC30 for an air sprung SR Suntour Epixon. I also installed a slightly shorter stem.
how have you found the epixon? do you remember what length stem came on it/ and what did you downsize -what height/frame size did you get?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
+1. Drop bars + skinnier tyres trying to kill you on sketchy descents is a lot of fun.
Down for show, up for dough !

Being beaten by 10 seconds on a descent is "L" for loser, reaching the top of the next ascent 3 mins down is not worth talking about... really.

D

Deleted member FN2187

how have you found the epixon? do you remember what length stem came on it/ and what did you downsize -what height/frame size did you get?
So far so good with the Epixon. I've used a few higher end SR Suntour forks in the past and they've all done the job admirably. I had them apart to reduce the travel before they went on the bike and they're identical to a set of Xfusion forks I used to own. I wouldn't be surprised if suntour makes Xfusion. Not sure what the stock stem length was but I've gone to an 80mm stem and 785mm bars(turned up today). Frame size is XXL.