NSW 3x7 Speed Shifters (independent of brake levers) FOUND

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I'm after a set of 3x7 shifters which are independent of the brake levers. They are for my commuter which has Canti brakes, but I'm looking to put some V brakes on and need shifters that aren't in combo with the brakes

Item: Set of 3x7 shifters for my commuter
Item Condition: Good/working condition

Bike is running Shimano Acera X 3x7spd drivetrain.

Elbo

Gripshift any good?
Nah, I'm really after thumb shifters, thanks Moorey.
Alternatively, I could upgrade it to 8 spd, I would just have to check if the rear hub is cassette or freewheel.

Elbo

They could be good DMan.
I have some XT V Brakes I was hoping to use, hence the desire for independent shifters, but I could marry them up to those levers.

I'll wait and see what kip01 finds, and maybe play around with the canti levers I have now.. not sure if they'll work with v brakes

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
They could be good DMan.
I have some XT V Brakes I was hoping to use, hence the desire for independent shifters, but I could marry them up to those levers.

I'll wait and see what kip01 finds, and maybe play around with the canti levers I have now.. not sure if they'll work with v brakes
No worries. If you mean the combos I have working with V brakes, these say V brakes on them.

Elbo

No worries. If you mean the combos I have working with V brakes, these say V brakes on them.
Ah, sorry, I was referring to seeing if my current canti levers work with V brakes.
Have just realised I have no brake cable bosses for the rear cable on the frame, so may have more compatibility issues to sort out first.

Elbo

Have some thumb shifters if you want 3x7 ?
Also local !!!!
Thanks mate! I've worked out a solution with parts I've got, but I might grab them off you as spares. Will send you a PM.

Thanks everyone for the offers and for searching in your sheds. I've worked out a solution using the combo levers/shifters I've got currently. Just means I don't get to use the nicer XT levers, but that's alright. It serves the purpose I needed.