$4000 car. Rav4 or similar

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Had to do driver training to drive a company car in one of my jobs.
I remember m first defensive driver training offered as part of insurance as a youngin. About 70% of the new probationary drivers were too scared to slam the brakes and perform and emergency stop maneuver. Responses varied from swerving, to not pressing the brake hard enough, to literally hands off the wheel (instructor would yell STOP at a random point). The day also included evasive swerving, finding the grip limiton a corner and other stuff to actually demontrate the cars limit and understanding how to respond. Not surprising, but the folks that fared the best were the 'hoons' who actually knew their cars and had experience.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
This is why I was so impressed with the 5 or so kids under 14 (and their parents for allowing them) doing the gymkhana. Great lessons and who cares if they spin out. I had to learn this shit on the university rugby oval after midnight.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is why I was so impressed with the 5 or so kids under 14 (and their parents for allowing them) doing the gymkhana. Great lessons and who cares if they spin out. I had to learn this shit on the university rugby oval after midnight.
Did you also learn to not lock the doors when you got it bogged and making a false police report that it had been stolen? Not me, but someone I once knew

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
i can’t say I’ve ever seen a RAV4 ad ... we bought the first one because my Bro was working at Toyota ... and both our families were about to spit out kids.

My wife really had the final green light. Fit a full sized pram in the back and she didn’t need to power lift it above thigh height, it was elevated without being a truckasaurus ... was big enough without being a double bay bus. Our previous car was a 30yo Lazer ... Also an awesome bike mover ... but she wanted something a bit bigger.

If I look at other 5 door RAV owners ... they all fit our mould. The 3 door version seemed to be singles? *shrugs ... pretty logical choice IMO