6 inch plus AM

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
To lazy to buy the a new syringe for my bleed kit. Will get onto before the Gravity Enduro race just for you.

And NSM I just put a HOPE bottom cup in the headset so it slacken it ever so slightly and flatten the seat a little :peep:

abaser666

Likes Bikes
Thread crash

Guys, sorry for crashing this thread but you guys seem to be on the wavelength I'm after . I've been trawling the 'nerd to get some idea on whether the scott genius lt 30 is going to cut the mustard for me. I want a bike I can smash pretty hard downhill but also ride to work (16km) albeit i might need a second wheel /tyre set. I want to replace my combo of xtc2 hardtail / glory8 0 with a "one bike to rule them all" for wa readers I spend a lot of time at goat farm, and 3 trips a year at dwellingup and the same for mundaring.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
Guys, sorry for crashing this thread but you guys seem to be on the wavelength I'm after . I've been trawling the 'nerd to get some idea on whether the scott genius lt 30 is going to cut the mustard for me. I want a bike I can smash pretty hard downhill but also ride to work (16km) albeit i might need a second wheel /tyre set. I want to replace my combo of xtc2 hardtail / glory8 0 with a "one bike to rule them all" for wa readers I spend a lot of time at goat farm, and 3 trips a year at dwellingup and the same for mundaring.
Don't bother running a different wheelset and everything to commute, just buy a cheap roadie. For the money spent on a new wheelset etc. you could've bought a base model roadie such as a Polygon or Cell which would do the job much faster/better

http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2012-polygon-helios-f100-flatbar-road-bike-shimano-2300-18-speed/

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As much as I love my LT20 I'm not sure I'd want to commute on it. I'd get a road dedicated bike as the LT is brilliant for trails / dh but but not efficient enough for road work IMO. You'd get a good workout though.
And you might want to get wider bars.. The stock ones are too narrow for most people. :eek:

Mud Gecko

Likes Bikes
Heres my "ugly" all mountain weapon :D

Upgraded Lyrik, Evo kit with Fox RC4, Renthal bars/stem/chainring, 1x9, MRP G2 mini, Hope rotors, Oury lock ons, Minions.

BM Epic

Eats Squid

Upgraded Lyrik, Evo kit with Fox RC4, Renthal bars/stem/chainring, 1x9, MRP G2 mini, Hope rotors, Oury lock ons, Minions.

Stunning bike, nothing ugly about it, sure looks bomb proof, wished i had gone enduro evo instead of stumpy evo?

abaser666

Likes Bikes
Don't bother running a different wheelset and everything to commute, just buy a cheap roadie. For the money spent on a new wheelset etc. you could've bought a base model roadie such as a Polygon or Cell which would do the job much faster/better

http://www.bicyclesonline.com.au/2012-polygon-helios-f100-flatbar-road-bike-shimano-2300-18-speed/
Thanks for the advice on its pedal-ability. Won't be sourcing another roadie, i've already got 2 (pinarello fp 3 and a restored giant allegre). Do people have an opinion on lt30's dh capability? How far short of a glory8 are they? (how big is an inch :)?

aanon

Likes Dirt
Thanks, I love it, just want a new wheelset and she'll be almost perfect.
They are a sick steed. i have one pretty well the same, the original wheels were not holding up real well so i threw some Reynolds carbon AM ones on.
Will post pics in the next few days.

steel ribs

Likes Dirt

Nice rig dude. Where did you get the rear sus conversion kit from?
I was looking at doing the same thing to mine.
P.S. wheels are pretty flimsy i put a set of Jet black slammers on it.

Mud Gecko

Likes Bikes
Nice rig dude. Where did you get the rear sus conversion kit from?
I was looking at doing the same thing to mine.
P.S. wheels are pretty flimsy i put a set of Jet black slammers on it.
I ordered the links through my Spesh dealer, pricey tho, $275. Then I got a standard off the shelf 8.5x2.5 shock. Totally transformed the bike.

Lots of option for wheels too, been looking at Crossmax SX or custom build with hope hubs and unknown rim??? I need more $$$ first lol