6 Week Weightloss/Fitness Challenge

Matt H

Eats Squid
I squatted one rep of 80kg tonight. Almost killed me, but I kept pretty good form and smashed it up. :)

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
I squatted one rep of 80kg tonight. Almost killed me, but I kept pretty good form and smashed it up. :)
Please please please don't take this as an e-macho attempt, i actually mean to congratulate you. That's really good i've followed your posts throughout this thread and im doing a similar thing to you but at a higher starting and far heigher goal weight with a lot more gym involved. Really great to see other people getting good results.

Ive been having a HEAP of success in the squat department gaining a shitload of leg size and able to squat far, far more than when i started, but can i ask, how long have you been doing the squats?
EDIT: And is that 80kg on a smith machine or freeweight?

Steve-O

Likes Bikes
Again not a Macho thing. Awesome work matt!
I started leg press and squats a month ago and I know how hard they are when you start. keep at it and slowly build.
Keep it up boys

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, nice work Matt. Good progression.

I weighed myself, I was between 75-76 (don't know exactly) which is the heaviest I have been in ages. Not good weight though, I got pissed two nights in a row and have been binging on junk food all weekend. Time to sort my shit out!

Matt H

Eats Squid
Please please please don't take this as an e-macho attempt, i actually mean to congratulate you. That's really good i've followed your posts throughout this thread and im doing a similar thing to you but at a higher starting and far heigher goal weight with a lot more gym involved. Really great to see other people getting good results.

Ive been having a HEAP of success in the squat department gaining a shitload of leg size and able to squat far, far more than when i started, but can i ask, how long have you been doing the squats?
EDIT: And is that 80kg on a smith machine or freeweight?
I'm not sure on when I started going to the gym, but it would have been around mid-late july. I started measuring my progress on the 24/08/09 and I was doing 5 reps of 35 then. I do my squats freeweight and now with a low-bar placement. Deep as possible, hips below knees. I'll probably post my full progress chart at the end of this challengey thing.

Steve-O

Likes Bikes
I'm not sure on when I started going to the gym, but it would have been around mid-late july. I started measuring my progress on the 24/08/09 and I was doing 5 reps of 35 then. I do my squats freeweight and now with a low-bar placement. Deep as possible, hips below knees. I'll probably post my full progress chart at the end of this challengey thing.
I hate free bars! mainly cause i go to the gym myself and always scared i'm going to drop it backwards.
Just my unconess shinning through;)

McSweeney

Likes Dirt
Ahhh ok fair enough.
Shit hips below knee's? I've never really seen people go below like 90 degrees or slightly more.

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Weight - 87kg
Goal - 80kg-82kg

Week 0 - 22/9/09 - 87kg
Week 1 - 29/9/09 - 84kg
Week 2 - 6/10/09
Week 3 - 13/10/09
Week 4 - 20/10/09
week 5 - 29/10/09
Week 6 - 3/11/09

Sweet, 3kg gone in one week. I'm pretty sure that's not pure fat loss. I'm pretty sure in that week my body has cleaned out a lot of the shit in my body. Plus, after that one week, I feel no where near as bloated as I did previously.

I'm changing my goal weight from 80kg-82kg to 75kg. However I would be happy to stay around the 80kg mark whilst continuing to gain muscle mass.

And for those concerned that 3kg is too much to lose in the first week I assure you I'm doing it the right way:
- 6 small meals per day
- Very intense weight training 3 times a week (to failure)
- 8 hours sleep
- High level of protein in diet with low levels of complex carbohydrates consumed before 6pm

Ideally, I want..... no no no, I will be at 75kg and still pushing the same weight, if not more, than I am now.

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My goal date was 23/11 so this works out perfectly I'm in. Will post before/afters when its finished i suppose.

Week 0 - 28/9/09 - 84.7kg. 18yo 176cm
Week 1 - 5/10/09 - 84.0kg
Week 2 - 12/10/09
Week 3 - 19/10/09
Week 4 - 26/10/09
week 5 - 2/11/09
Week 6 - 9/11/09
Not a big change, But considering i lost my gym card and have done nothing except eat right last week i'm pretty happy. Next week will be good.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
Week 0 - 22/9/09 - 71
Week 1 - 29/9/09 -70.5
Week 2 - 6/10/09 -
Week 3 - 13/10/09 -
Week 4 - 20/10/09 -
week 5 - 29/10/09 -
Week 6 - 3/11/09 -

so i have lost 0.5 kg in a week not good. its my first week back into it after 2 weeks off so i should see some gains by next week.

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
:eek:

That's nuts.

And Matt, 80kg hips below knees is awesome, especially if you're like 70kg at the moment. You reckon you could do 90-100 to knee height/just above?

My mate's brother is huge, has legs like tree trunks and is actually getting into freestyle wrestling, he goes to this super heavy weightlifting gym/club where they're often squatting over 200kg. I've seen him do 260kg but not even to knee height, only just over halfway to knee height.

I feel bad for putting that in the same post as your congratulations but it's related.. I think my best squat so far has been 60kg not below knees... They're scary to max out.

nick_dales

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Alright count me in, Surprisingly i have put on a stack of weight since going Vego, may also be due to injuries, lack of exercise and Breaking the bicycle.

dog boy

Likes Dirt
why is there so much talk about squats? i dont reli like them that much even tho i can squat 3x15 of 90kg :p

my fave is bench press, 1 day about 2 months ago i benched 3x10 of 90:eek:
was a freakish day never done anymore than 3x8 of 85kg since:confused:

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
I hate free bars! mainly cause i go to the gym myself and always scared i'm going to drop it backwards.
Just my unconess shinning through;)
Not a big change, But considering i lost my gym card and have done nothing except eat right last week i'm pretty happy. Next week will be good.

can i request a compulsary name change to the imposter Steve-O ...

i really wish i started this lol, but coming up to the end of uni this week, means that there is no point, as it will problay be a big weekend... as the last 2 have been ..

I dont care about my weight, or muscle, just my pot belly ahhaa which literaly changes week in week out depending on what happens on the weekend.