740mm handlebar & 70mm stem combo

teK--

Eats Squid
Can anyone recommend me a good 740mm carbon handlebar and 70mm stem combo? I have been looking around for a while now, and nothing has really taken my fancy. Requirements are:

- Not Renthal
- As above, 70mm length and 740mm width (or wider)
- Light (preferably sub 200g for bars)
- Black with minimal decals (or decals that can be removed)
- Not Renthal

Thanks
Easton Havoc carbon 750 cut it down to 740. Strong as hell nice UD weave I loved this bar just wanted to go wider.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Running Deity CZ38 760mm bars with RaceFace Chester 70mm myself.

Can't fault it.
But it's all subjective. :)

DJR

Likes Dirt
We are renthal fanboys for a reason... lol. You could always paint over the decals ;)

Have heard good things about the raceface carbon bar offerings also, I was considering RF, Renthal and Easton carbons when i was looking.

Stem wise i have an easton haven, might be a slight bit flexier in 70mm compared with the 50 or 55mm one i have as it's pretty hollow, but is light, cheapish, strong and looks good.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The fatbar lite carbon just looks like any other carbon bar. Great for those precious snowflakes who want to be seen as beautiful unique individuals who don't follow the crowd. And its also a really awesome handlebar.

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like it's almost a crime to not want some Renthals! I'll admit I did have another look and they are a good weight, width and rise. I wonder if you can remove the decals - that would solve two problems

frank_n

Likes Dirt
Damn Renthal fanboys!

Cheers Isildur, I hadn't looked into Syntace at all - I'm liking what I see!

Any specific models Gripper? The Haven stuff is a bit showy for me, and there was something that put me off Thomson last time I looked..
Havens showy???? One of the most understated bars around

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^ Yeah I've actually gone for the Haven gear in the end. For me they basically take the middle ground for everything (price, weight, looks etc) and there wasn't anything I actually disliked about them. Everything else had some sort of downside IMO.

Thanks for all the help guys!

PS can't believe I was nearly talked into Renthals

Last edited:

el~rio

Likes Dirt
A bit late now but Ritchey Trail bar and stem come in those lengths and have a really nice subtle finish.

ritchey-wcs-trail-group.jpg

kixx

Squid
have been running Thomson stem on my BMX for 3yrs and have held up dang well to the amount crashes i've had, never slipped and hella light!
couldn't recommend them anymore.