7sp DH V 10sp

T-Rex

Template denier
BTW I still have that 4" trail bike in a box if any of your kids want it. Needs to go to a good home.

Soul-Rider

Likes Dirt
Larger gear spacing and a bigger gap between the wheel and the derailleur. I put a Box 7 speed set up on my single speed trail bike to make it a little more practical and quite enjoyed not having to double shift all the time. I’d vote for big range 8-9 speed over 13 speed as the next step in drivetrain tech. Truth is however that the single speed is single again because not every bike has to be practical!

T-Rex

Template denier
Fuck...did I know about this? Am I having a seniors moment? :oops:
Possibly.... It's an Iron Horse Hollowpoint. We chatted about it years ago, and I've still got it, taking up space. Just need to figure out how to get it down to you

PJO

in me vL comy
Just a standard hub/different freehub with a spacer as far as I know.
No, not a standard flange offset spacing though. The DH rear hubs are more symmetrical in offset, should result in a stronger rear wheel. About the only advantage I can see...

moorey

call me Mia
No, not a standard flange offset spacing though. The DH rear hubs are more symmetrical in offset, should result in a stronger rear wheel. About the only advantage I can see...
The hope hub I looked at simply has a spacer, as best as I can see. Standard hub flange.

PJO

in me vL comy
The hope hub I looked at simply has a spacer, as best as I can see. Standard hub flange.
Yeah but the picture in your comment is the DH hub (yours just had spacers), if you look closely you couldn't run a standard cassette on this hub it wouldn't fit because of the flared flange (now get your mind out of the gutter):

This is a standard one:

moorey

call me Mia
Yes. That that hub is specially designed...

.... the ones I’m looking at, go straight onto a standard hub.

Reactions: PJO