safreek

Item: 83 mm cranks and bb
Price range/Willing to Pay: dunno, up to 150
Extra Info: must not be bent it rooted

Last edited:

safreek

Black or purple?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
Either would be fine, I'm not worried by colour. The purple ones look cool but is bb a drama to get.
My googling let me down and told me the v10 had a 83mm bb so was going to take that for the build. Bloody 73mm

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Whoooooah on there big boy...V10?

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly certain the race face crank will fit a Shimano bottom bracket. The truvativ will need a truvativ crank which can be $$$. I have one of these on my polygon and haven't had any issues with it for almost 1 year of riding. They don't have it on 83mm so have some blue balls.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I think GXP is a SRAM fucking stupid standard 22/24mm where as RF will cross pollinate with Shimano at 24/24
the width is directly related to the axle length not so much the BB bearings, as they all fit the same thread, its just the plastic weather sleeve that sits in between the two bearing cups that keep out the muck that are different widths, if you can live without the plastic sleeve, any 24mm BB shell should work with the Atlas cranks

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
What happened to the cranks pictured on the v10 when you bought it?
Older Descendant cranks should be GXP. Nothing wrong with that. I use many. Lots of aftermarket BB’s come with adapter to run either Shimano/RF xtype or GXP.

safreek

I think GXP is a SRAM fucking stupid standard 22/24mm where as RF will cross pollinate with Shimano at 24/24
the width is directly related to the axle length not so much the BB bearings, as they all fit the same thread, its just the plastic weather sleeve that sits in between the two bearing cups that keep out the muck that are different widths, if you can live without the plastic sleeve, any 24mm BB shell should work with the Atlas cranks
I had been wondering why a normal shimano bb wouldn't work with similar 83 cranks.
Thanks for letting me know it's no drama

safreek

What do youbwant, 73mm or 83mm? Edit the title if 73mm is what you want.
No, definitely 83mm. I think the confusion is peeps think it's for the v10. It's for the gt.
My googling told me the v10 had a 83mm, that was going to go on the new bike, turns out it was 73 so left me short for the cranks on the go.
Fuck, I don't know if that clears it up, just confused myself.

Definitely 83mm wanted

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
And it’s got cranks....so why do you need some?
That looks like the SC. V10 V2 (not a nomad) which ran a 73mm bottom bracket. He wants cranks for that newer gt frame which runs an 83mm bottom bracket.

Thought I'd cut the nomad bit out

Last edited: