8hrs of Down Hill Event!!! 9-2-2008

mongoosedh

Banned
Why wouldn't it? That should be a requirement for the weekend, you need to all the same members racing on both days.

BOE

Bright Orange Events
Is it possible for the same team of three do both races?
Certainly.

WooHoo, I win.
Excellent. That solves the combined-crown problem. Next? ;)

That should be a requirement for the weekend, you need to all the same members racing on both days.
Noooooo! We don't want to do that, even for the kudos+beverage+possibly trophy 'combined crown'. Too many people that will race in a team of 3 on the Saturday are the sort of nutters who would then ride solo or in a pair on the Sunday :)

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Excellent. That solves the combined-crown problem. Next? ;)
You mean after 8 timed runs and countless laps my and Sam E. Dogg's teams tied for first?
Do you have two lots of ovation and fame forever or do we have to share? Oh hang on I'll just double check the results... A good time keeper beats a good rider.. Oh Rob already said that:D

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Noooooo! We don't want to do that, even for the kudos+beverage+possibly trophy 'combined crown'. Too many people that will race in a team of 3 on the Saturday are the sort of nutters who would then ride solo or in a pair on the Sunday :)
Basically that is what I was getting at.
Team of 3 for DH on the Saturday and same team of 3 for XC on the Sunday.
If the teams split from Saturday to compete as solo or pairs on Sunday, won't that make compiling overall results rather complicated?
Since it is being plugged as a teams event I think it's best if the same team competes both events.

I think that this is a great concept for MTB racing but may not necessarily work with a WWS race in conjunction.
(it is a WWS race on the Sunday is it not?)

Last edited:

thecat

I think that this is a great concept for MTB racing but may not necessarily work with a WWS race in conjunction. (it is a WWS race on the Sunday is it not?)
At the moment there isn't a big cross over from one to the other. Doing both on the same weekend may just open peoples eyes up to how much fun the other side of the sport can be.

The over all crown thing is just a bit of fun on the side for those so inclined. We do a similar sort of thing with out Tuesday night Club series, the over winner when you combine DH and XC points gets crown Mountain Man!

Admittedly that doesn't have the complication of teams but I can't see why individual fastest average with a set minimum of run and laps, to avoid sand bagging one quick lap, couldn't be worked out

BOE

Bright Orange Events
Basically that is what I was getting at.
Team of 3 for DH on the Saturday and same team of 3 for XC on the Sunday.
If the teams split from Saturday to compete as solo or pairs on Sunday, won't that make compiling overall results rather complicated?
Since it is being plugged as a teams event I think it's best if the same team competes both events.

I think that this is a great concept for MTB racing but may not necessarily work with a WWS race in conjunction.
(it is a WWS race on the Sunday is it not?)
The "overall" thing will just be a side-thing, a trinket, something to brag on here about, that sort of thing.

Each event will stand on it's own, is being marketed separately (even separate flyers, webpages, etc etc).... they just happen to be at the same location on the same weekend (which makes our life organising a little easier). Think of it in the same terms of a National Round that has XC on the Sat & DH on the Sunday...

In reality as I was saying before, we're talking about only 10-20% who will cross-over from one to the other. It wouldn't (in my humble opinion) work if riders were required to ride the WWS (...or any other XC) on the Sunday, as the Saturday is designed to appeal to any DHer, and there's only so many Dhers with XC leanings.

Incontinent

Crusty Juggler
Ok, I now see what you are aiming at.
Originally I saw it as a straight up team v team thing.
My concern was that once a team splits for XC as solo or pairs they would be disadvantaged in some respects because they would/may possibly circulate XC laps a little slower than a three man team would.

Still I really like the concept of DH and XC boys and girls battling it out across both disciplines for the overall.

thecat

My concern was that once a team splits for XC as solo or pairs they would be disadvantaged in some respects because they would/may possibly circulate XC laps a little slower than a three man team would.
You'd be surprised. At a general WWS fastest lap normally goes to a pair or solo nutter

mongoosedh

Banned
Stop talking about me like that. I plan to race 3 on saturday and then solo on sunday. Will there be a junior class on sunday, pleaseeeeee! There are a few juniors that want a junior class. :(

thecat

. Will there be a junior class on sunday, pleaseeeeee! There are a few juniors that want a junior class. :(

:confused:
there are always junior classes at WWS events, though MTBA has an age limit on solo riders so you could be out of luck wanting to ride solo.

Last edited:
Sammydog, id be interested in racing both days..if your still looking for a third rider..I fit the grumpy old bastard criteria..

skinny666

Central Tableland MBC
Mr Cat

When i clicked on the entry link it told me that entrys had closed for the 8 Hour DH...

Cheers Skinn Dogg

This looks great. This looks like something I should get my lazy ass into.

First I need to get a bike, and second how many oxygen tents are spread out along the track?

Also I'll just throw in this suggestion. All time spent in said oxygen tents is not included in your trial time. How's that sound? :p

old4dy

Likes Dirt
they must have been plagued by some glitch.

It worked for me this morning entry no2 so dont fark about get on and get it done or miss out