A bike for very heavy rider.

slowmick

38-39"
Contreter mate used to get supplies from a bloke who was known for to getting a front end alignment done on his van with him in it. He was a big Kev.

clockworked

Like an orange
Fark ! Just spoke to him on the phone... the guesstimation of weight and height came from his mother.

The official figures are... 190cm and 190kg :oops:
Not taking the piss; he should go swimming until he is a reasonable size. He'll just injure himself through either equipment failure, lack of stabilising muscle mass, or overuse of undeveloped musculature.

Taking the piss: get that whale into the pool until he is dolphin-sized or smaller

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Not taking the piss; he should go swimming until he is a reasonable size. He'll just injure himself through either equipment failure, lack of stabilising muscle mass, or overuse of undeveloped musculature.

Taking the piss: get that whale into the pool until he is dolphin-sized or smaller
Not sure if he would go swimming, poor young bloke has massive purple stretch marks all over his body.

I have a bit of a laugh with him, poke a bit of fun.. he takes it well.

I pointed out to him today when I called to confirm height for sizing, buying a bike is not a magic bullet, it can lay there like a treadmill or weights that he's bought previously.

Most of MTB trails behind him are also shared use walking trails and I told him to get out and start walking a few hill while I source a bike.

His reply was 'Yeah I was thinking about it'... doesnt sound encouraging but we'll see.

Minlak

custom titis
You should do a deal with him he should start to walk 30 mins a day every day - 15 mins one way 15 back - just get some movement happening

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fark ! Just spoke to him on the phone... the guesstimation of weight and height came from his mother.

The official figures are... 190cm and 190kg :oops:
1:1 ratio.

I'd be inclined to agree with fats. Walking is also much easier to access than cycling.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
start by walking down to the local kebab shop, then eventually work up to going to the fish and chip shop 2 suburbs away..
it's all about effort vs reward o_O

Minlak

custom titis
Convince him to write a food plan - one week at a time - keep a good diary of what he actually ate - walk every day - the money he will save on food can go towards a better bike - give an arbitrary goal say when he hits 175 kilos - then 150 etc - only weigh himself on the same day at the same time once a week - any loss a week is a win.
Even replacing breakfast and or lunch with something like the man shake is a massive change.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
His fitness level is 'full time gamer'
Been there. It's a hard cycle to crack, especially when the other hobby offers full scale immersive escapism from being a fatso.

+1 to hiking too. Also diets and meal plans. It can sometimes be as simple as learning the associations with shitty food. As soon as I learnt that the tangible joy of eating crap was outweighed by how shit it made me feel 30-45 minutes later (and the opposite effect when I ate anything healthy) the appeal waned.

But yeah at 190kg kilos and presumably zero muscle strength riding a bike is probably going to suck so much on first attempt he may never try again.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As someone who is 'Reasonably solid' - as previous fellas have said -start by walking and diet .

I was kinda fridge with a head shaped in my early 30,s decided to start walking around the block , this helped get me into a shape - the shape being more stump with a head .
I ended up purchasing a Larnmowing / Gardening business and lost a lot od weight in 6 months - approx 50 kgs .
My weight has stayed constant over the last 15 yrs , but over 50 is tough to keep it off without doing even a little exercise .

As the old saying goes , 'the first steps are the hardest part of any journey '
And its not reasonable to expect ironman output by Friday - that is unfair and may cause more harm than good .

Minlak

custom titis
Its honestly going to come down to his ability to be uncomfortable - uncomfortable thinking he is hungry - uncomfortable dealing with his emotions and reasons for over eating - uncomfortable physically cause moving more will create physical uncomfortableness - he needs to know this is a marathon and not a sprint and realise his final goals are a year away