A brake i can get excited about

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Finally, a modern version of my beloved hope v2s. Brutal power, no inconsistent pad wear of a 4 pot or cleaning numerous sticky pistons,or bleeding behind etc.

Ticks all the boxes, but finding a price isnt easy. Distris don't list it, and Steve Cramer is one trade account I don't have left over.

Can't wait to see the nerd numbers from Udi or Troy on RM. Reckon it's a strong contender.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Local distri know nothing of them, and their social media is useless. Going to be hard to get a set.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Formula Cura (two piston calipers) might be somewhat appealing to you, with 24mm pistons in the calipers and reputed to have good modulation...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Formula Cura (two piston calipers) might be somewhat appealing to you, with 24mm pistons in the calipers and reputed to have good modulation...

They're on the list, just not huge fan of the lever, same goes for Shimano.

D

Deleted member FN2187

They look the tits. Similar to the Brembo MTB brakes of a decade ago. My only concern would be pads availability and serviceability.
Guides are where it’s at. They are such a well modulating brake and never have a problem with them.
You haven't had a problem with them.........YET. I'm stirring the SRAM/Shimano brakes pot here, but you sir are smoking trees.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Mine have always been underwhelming. Many bleeds, plenty of setup, decent pads etc etc. They’re just meh.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
They look the tits. Similar to the Brembo MTB brakes of a decade ago. My only concern would be pads availability and serviceability.

You haven't had a problem with them.........YET. I'm stirring the SRAM/Shimano brakes pot here, but you sir are smoking trees.
Yeah, I've given up already. A single distro nor themselves have replied. I think their enjoying their exclusivity, and ignoring every customer on their social media. Industry isn't big enough to be doing that.

Hugsy

Likes Bikes
Guides are where it’s at. They are such a well modulating brake and never have a problem with them.
Guides are terrible they have good modulation but terrible power and they just aren't reliable. Much more complicated to bleed then the hopes.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sorry to get off topic but I reckon I'm gonna start a "send me your Guides for a proper tune" business. Honestly, I've ridden 8252563 sets of brakes and still rate Guides as one of the best and those close to it are Codes. If you're considering a new avenue to get your Guides to fell gooder and betterer, hit Ol' Doze up.

Hugsy

Likes Bikes

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to get off topic but I reckon I'm gonna start a "send me your Guides for a proper tune" business. Honestly, I've ridden 8252563 sets of brakes and still rate Guides as one of the best and those close to it are Codes. If you're considering a new avenue to get your Guides to fell gooder and betterer, hit Ol' Doze up.
I’m with you Dozer, I’ve had multiple sets of Guides up to and including ultimates and am currently running Guide R which were stock on my bike.

The lever feel and modulation are perfect for me. They definitely fade a little on long and rowdy descents, but I could also just use them less too. Not interested in those tiny little curled Shimano levers at all

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Trials companies had interesting things. Echo had a 26mm piston offering. They've got nice aftermarket levers with 14mm master cylinder piston for magura rim brakes. I would need udis brain to see if they could work with the old magura louise FR piston or echo piston. All pivot points n shizzle to work it out.