A Jihad in the Trading Section: not "SOLDing" the title will risk your trading access

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I know this pisses people off as it does me. So I want people to know that it doesn't get ignored. I give people infractions with messages saying the below:

Put SOLD in the title as you are required to do by the trading rules - http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?4932-How-To-Gain-Trading-Access.

It serves zero use to post it down the bottom of the thread.

This infraction serves as a warning and a record of a transgression in the Trading Section. A second transgression will see your trading access removed.

johnny

Ideate

Sorry, it's a genuine suggestion to update the archiving process so it's easier for users to "SOLDer" a thread.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Maybe the addition of a new rule for the script. If the seller puts "sold sold sold" in a reply the thread is deleted. This gets around the editing limitations of tapatalk.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Maybe the addition of a new rule for the script. If the seller puts "sold sold sold" in a reply the thread is deleted. This gets around the editing limitations of tapatalk.
Go to your thread in tapatalk, hit the options dots top right and hit "web view".

From there you can do the required edit.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Using an alternative platform to a Web browser such as Tapatalk, doesn't negate the need to follow the rules.

If Tapatalk was run by Rotorburn, then sure, it would be encumbant upon them to adjust the forum to allow for the limitations of that platform. But it isn't, so if you choose to use a third party platform, take the good with the bad, follow the rules.

Just update the bloody thread title.

John U

MTB Precision
Not meaning to be pedantic, just want to ensure everyone is talking of the same thing.

Sold in the thread title moves the thread to the Sold area, it doesn't delete the thread.

Sold threads could be quite a valuable resource for working out the value of an item that a burner is buying or selling (as long as all the pricing information within the thread wasn't deleted).

The putting sold, sold, sold and getting the program to recognise is is just a workaround for functionality that already exists.

It seems the real problem may be
1. People are ignoring the rules or
2. People know the rules but are having trouble understanding how to update the thread title.

Given that the thread title update option isn't the most obvious (go advanced may not make any sense to the uninitiated), and that people ask the question about how to do this often, I'm reckoning the number 2 might be the real issue. I'm sure that there's a good post somewhere in the trading info section that gives a good description of how to update the thread title with Sold. Could this be made any more obvious?

Johnny, is it a jihad or more of a fatwa?

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Not meaning to be pedantic, just want to ensure everyone is talking of the same thing.

Sold in the thread title moves the thread to the Sold area, it doesn't delete the thread.

Sold threads could be quite a valuable resource for working out the value of an item that a burner is buying or selling (as long as all the pricing information within the thread wasn't deleted).

The putting sold, sold, sold and getting the program to recognise is is just a workaround for functionality that already exists.

It seems the real problem may be
1. People are ignoring the rules or
2. People know the rules but are having trouble understanding how to update the thread title.

Given that the thread title update option isn't the most obvious (go advanced may not make any sense to the uninitiated), and that people ask the question about how to do this often, I'm reckoning the number 2 might be the real issue. I'm sure that there's a good post somewhere in the trading info section that gives a good description of how to update the thread title with Sold. Could this be made any more obvious?

Johnny, is it a jihad or more of a fatwa?
Bloody kid's all want spoon feeding these days. It ain't rocket surgery!

While we're declaring holy wars, if you can't put up a photo you should be banished as well ffs.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
What is it with this - people getting rid of their pricing information? Like, ooh, what I sold it for is a super secret and nobody should know...... - this ain't the fucking tax Dept you know!

Anyway, agree with the above, failing sold and failing photos should lead to summary castration and if that can't be carried out due to the tyranny of distance, then a complete banning will suffice. Warnings? - when was the last time a highway patrol officer have you a friendly warning? - that's right, never, that's the way of the world .....

stirk

Burner
What is it with this - people getting rid of their pricing information? Like, ooh, what I sold it for is a super secret and nobody should know...... - this ain't the fucking tax Dept you know!

Anyway, agree with the above, failing sold and failing photos should lead to summary castration and if that can't be carried out due to the tyranny of distance, then a complete banning will suffice. Warnings? - when was the last time a highway patrol officer have you a friendly warning? - that's right, never, that's the way of the world .....
Tsk, and I thought you were pedantic.