A Jihad in the Trading Section: not "SOLDing" the title will risk your trading access

dunndog

Eats Squid
While we're declaring holy wars, if you can't put up a photo you should be banished as well ffs.
I have much difficulty for some reason getting pics up on rotorburn. I don't know what it is. The force is not strong in this one. But. It is beyond simple to put sold in a title.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have much difficulty for some reason getting pics up on rotorburn. I don't know what it is. The force is not strong in this one. But. It is beyond simple to put sold in a title.
I had trouble too...Pele helped me.

My phones images are too big for RB. My work around is to edit the photo and cut off a useless piece. This brings the file size down. Also doesn't allow me to upload screenshots. So I text them to myself and download them from text to phone to RB. It's a bit of fucking around sometimes, but it works.

stirk

Burner
You realise how much of a fucking whinger you look like right now?
I'm not whinging just calling out the fact the thread was not following the rules and was not PLAYING FAIR, and directed anger at people calling out the fact the advertisement was shit. A bit like your anger directed at me. Please enlighten me how this is whinging.

You want to start a thread about following rules and then say someone who has clearly not followed them did follow them and then call me a whinger.

I know you are smarter than that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dude, really.

Just STFU, please? It's the internet, go be a drama queen somewhere else, would ya?

End of discussion.

stirk

Burner
Dude, really.

Just STFU, please? It's the internet, go be a drama queen somewhere else, would ya?

End of discussion.
Quote from Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.

Close thread.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Quote from Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month.

Close thread.
Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoyevsky, That name is a mouth full and my tongue is now rolling away.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
He missed two points of the template:
1. reason for selling
2. pics

It's not mandatory that a for sale thread have pics and missing the reason for selling is hardly a deal breaker in my book.

It was a shit thread, no doubt and that's why I let it run rather than get pissed at folk when we've said heaps of times not to fuck around in the for sale section. If anyone wasn't following the rules - especially the ones we repeatedly warn about - it was everyone that was giving SideFX shit in a for sale thread!

Lastly, please take note that I locked his thread. I didn't remove all the clutter and waffle at let it remain open, I locked it. The way Stirk was carrying on was like there was some earth-shattering injustice being carried out because he hadn't been banned or something.

The fact that this became a full on E-battle blows me a away, such a small and pointless matter. T'is the way of teh w3bz I s'poz3

why d03z n01 d0 l337 5p34k 4nym0r3?

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Part of this being a great place to trade is that a lot of people sell stuff here. The numbers in this forum are already dwindling rapidly as other forms of social media surpass forums, I don't think speeding that process up by implementing zero tolerance in the trading section is a good idea.

Part of taking trading seriously is not having people start arguments or fuck around in the trading section. But for some reason lots of our regulars seem to think it's ok to do that, even after being repeatedly asked not to.

stirk

Burner
You're back flipping better than a politician does if I compare your first post in this thread compared to the last.

I was not 'carrying on' as you still maintain, I only called out your new found understanding of the rules as there have been many past issues for a lack of supplying pictures and following basic rules.

"Two legs good, four legs bad" things can change hey.

I'm not into fighting on the webs I merely called it how I saw it and you took offence and still are.

Yes, I called it out here in this thread but the sentiment was long running in the for sale thread and nothing was said by you until kitten.

Last edited: