A jolly good day

Glock

Likes Bikes
I went to an xc race today at Kindilan OEC (near Redland Bay). Yeah yeah so it was an xc race, but it was farkin good. The track was average, not particularly techy, but it flowed, which as we all know is damn important. The track was made interesting by some mud (I’m going to have fun cleaning the ‘goose) and the rider antics that this caused. It was a good day over all, I came 6th in the U19’s so that was orright, but was made even more interesting by some other points:

The Good:
• I won some green-lensed Merida sunnies in a random number plate draw (handy considering some prick stole my Nike sunnies about 6 months ago)
• Fish and chips after the race, with excessive amounts of salt
• Some fine school girl chicks were near-by at the Girl Guides place (mmmmm school girls……….*snap*……… um, sorry about that)
• A team cannondale Jekyll dually was sitting in the rego tent (apparently retails for approx $10 000!) The drool factor was almost as high as the chicks

The Bad:
• the ride to the toilets/shower was too long for an after-ride warm down
• damn chain fell off (ok so it’s not that bad, but it’s annoying)

The Ugly / Weird:
• some guy on a nice Specialized dually said after the practice lap “I really enjoyed those drops, the bike really soaks em up!”
My response: “What drops?” (I assume the “drops” he was referring to were some step type thingies that were in place on the track to minimise erosion – the highest one would’ve been all of say 20cm!). That guy came third. Hmmm.
• some other guy had a Merida hardtail, not a bad rig, but he had a Rohloff speed hub – lucky biatch - that was worth more than the rest of his bike…..)

Anyone else want to share their race experiences?

Adi

It's my birthday!
Sounds like fun :)

That guy on the specialized is a silly sausage :p. Hehehe :lol:

C ya!

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Sounds like a good time!

Went to the Sunshine Series XC last weekend at the Hinze Dam, that was a blast as well. Good course, although the technical section was a little short, but all in all a very good day.

The whole vibe around the area was really laidback with alot of smiling faces, which always makes for a memorable event :D

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Sounds like a good time!

Went to the Sunshine Series XC last weekend at the Hinze Dam, that was a blast as well. Good course, although the technical section was a little short, but all in all a very good day.

The whole vibe around the area was really laidback with alot of smiling faces, which always makes for a memorable event :D