A Long Pole

gippyz

Likes Dirt
They certainly are a frustrating bunch at the best of times. I still had to pay additional of $165 with UPS or it was a refund.
I think that is where they go wrong is over promising which leads to dissapointment and frustratuon.
What did you end up with in the end?
Oh wow. I thought they only ask the extra for those who bought the frame during free postage!
Yeah they wanted extra 250 euro from me to have it posted.

I ended up buying liteville 601 from bike components, which was also free shipping. Had debacle with postal service returning it twice, at the end they posted it with dhl at no extra cost from my end.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Oh wow. I thought they only ask the extra for those who bought the frame during free postage!
Yeah they wanted extra 250 euro from me to have it posted.

I ended up buying liteville 601 from bike components, which was also free shipping. Had debacle with postal service returning it twice, at the end they posted it with dhl at no extra cost from my end.
It's across the board by the looks of it. Don't blame you for changing your purchase. It's hard to beat the Germans for service. Solid choice of frame no regrets I'm sure.

Patiently waiting out this Stage 4 lockdown to give it proper riding and suspension set up.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Sheeeet, son.
That frame/shock/fork combo is essentially my dream...

For now - I must remain on my trusty Evolink with Mattoc and shitty Monarch Plus. :(

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Sheeeet, son.

For now - I must remain on my trusty Evolink with Mattoc and shitty Monarch Plus. :(
Lots of tinkering to be done to set it up post stage 4. Hopefully the combo lives up to the dream.

Still a solid combo to on maybe Monarch not so much.

Some new snaps in the original post.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sheeeet, son.

That's still a good combo, but do yourself a favour and ditch the Monarch for a Vivid.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I may be overthinking this (and it might also mess with your waterbottle storage space), but should the shock ideally be the other way around (ie: with the reservoir at the top tube mount end)?

The way it is now seems like it would have to move the majority of the mass of the shock during the suspension cycle, rather than just moving the shaft and spring seat...

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Still a solid combo to on maybe Monarch not so much.
Mattoc is great, but noticeably flexy at this kind of head angle.
Monarch is a bit too harsh at the 230 or so psi I require. Doesn't feel good unless it's in low compression/descend mode.

That's still a good combo, but do yourself a favour and ditch the Monarch for a Vivid.
Honestly, I kinda just want another CCDB Coil CS!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Honestly, I kinda just want another CCDB Coil CS!
But you'll never be able to reach the climb switch and the CCDBs are so fragile. They're also bloody expensive compared to what you can pick a Vivid up for.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am 6'4" hence the XL sizing.

The EXT's are noisier than any other coil due to their design. Essentially sounds like a mini air blow off.

Was it one of the updated frames with the new rear ends? My brother broke his after riding it with a known defect for a while so his fault,

Have you managed to get a date out of Pole yet?
No, last of the old ones. Wasn't the rear end that broke. 6 months later and I still have no idea what's going on. Worst customer service in history.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
But you'll never be able to reach the climb switch and the CCDBs are so fragile. They're also bloody expensive compared to what you can pick a Vivid up for.
I use the reservoir at the top tube, so lever access isn't an issue. Also never had any problems with the one on my Spitfire in terms of durability or possible fragility... Nor have I see or read of anyone else's issues in that department. Weird.

Also discovered one for $500 which is becoming increasingly difficult to look past!

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I may be overthinking this (and it might also mess with your waterbottle storage space), but should the shock ideally be the other way around (ie: with the reservoir at the top tube mount end)?

The way it is now seems like it would have to move the majority of the mass of the shock during the suspension cycle, rather than just moving the shaft and spring seat...
I can only assume this would make the reservoir too high and close to shorts/knee area.

The Storia performs that well I doubt there would be any real difference to rotating the shock.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I can only assume this would make the reservoir too high and close to shorts/knee area.

The Storia performs that well I doubt there would be any real difference to rotating the shock.
Ah yep, couldn't see the 90deg adapter on the top-tube end. Makes more sense now.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Wow that’s an interesting failure mode. How many rides on were the other bikes? Your brother has done a proper job on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Fuck me... That's horrible. Hope all goes well with the warranty.

Any reply from them yet?