A Long Pole

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's on the cards for longer time. Have a privateer 161 to get me through summer.
My brother replaced his Stamina with an anodized G1. Keen to check it out when it turns up.
I have a G16 and just bought the G1 ebike. Nicolai bikes look pretty average compared to the Pole but I like them better and their customer service is much better (Not that that would be hard compared to Pole).

I'm not sure if I mentioned it elsewhere but I ordered my Pole last October 19. Received it in January. Didn't ride it until February (Bushfires/ Floods).
Sent it back to Pole after 311km when it split in half riding up a road climb!
Received my refund in October 20 after emailing the FCA because Pole wouldn't return emails for 6 months.

DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE

It's a shame because the bike was a work of art but even if they fixed the under engineered frame I still wouldn't take one due to the way I was treated. Made me feel like I was doing something wrong even though they knew fully well there was a problem with their frames.

goobags

Likes Dirt
I would hate to rock up to a ride with your mates on a Giant. The stares would be fierce in the company of so many Pole’s, Nicolai’s and no doubt other boutique frames

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I have a G16 and just bought the G1 ebike. Nicolai bikes look pretty average compared to the Pole but I like them better and their customer service is much better (Not that that would be hard compared to Pole).

I'm not sure if I mentioned it elsewhere but I ordered my Pole last October 19. Received it in January. Didn't ride it until February (Bushfires/ Floods).
Sent it back to Pole after 311km when it split in half riding up a road climb!
Received my refund in October 20 after emailing the FCA because Pole wouldn't return emails for 6 months.

DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE
DON"T BUY A POLE

It's a shame because the bike was a work of art but even if they fixed the under engineered frame I still wouldn't take one due to the way I was treated. Made me feel like I was doing something wrong even though they knew fully well there was a problem with their frames.
Couldn't agree anymore. Exactly how I feel. They said to me either that they have learned and have changed things. They are apparently having a meeting to about of the online heat we've done in the last few days. I send the frame back tomorrow. So let's see how they handle it. They have assured me it will be prompt.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There has been a small number of very vocal people online including myself in the last 3x days. Let's just say Leo is now aware of it and the emails now are very prompt they'd like us to stop. Watch this space.
Best way to stop any ongoing commentary is a prompt and satisfactory resolution for all impacted.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
There has been a small number of very vocal people online including myself in the last 3x days. Let's just say Leo is now aware of it and the emails now are very prompt they'd like us to stop. Watch this space.
He seems like the kind of douche that’d offer the refund if you sign something saying you’ll keep quiet.

PJO

in me vL comy
Is this shot is looking along the top tube from the seat tube?

How do they think they can glue a frame together along such a thin edge. Maybe if there was a flange where the two halves butted to provide a greater bonding surface, or maybe more internal reinforcement...

There are still quite a number of frames around that were bonded. I'm thinking of the old Vitus 979 frames from 40 years ago that were straight wall aluminium tubes glued into aluminium lugs. Still going after all this time.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
That's woeful customer service, they ignore you until you create a shitstorm about their defective products.
I would have thought that owning your mistakes would be a founding principal for a company like Pole who are using new manufacturing techniques.
Good luck Jake
Leo reached out to us all last night in damage control. On one hand hand he says he's done extensive research into the issue but still wants my frame back to look at it. While saying the frames had passed all the testing etc.
Then on the other hand says they are making design and manufacturing changes.
Also stated that a lip on the join is fine aslong as there is no gap. I said I have no confidence in it now what so ever.
Apparently there are 20x outstanding warranties 5x XL frames. This does not include the 10+ that have already been sorted.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Leo reached out to us all last night in damage control. On one hand hand he says he's done extensive research into the issue but still wants my frame back to look at it. While saying the frames had passed all the testing etc.
Then on the other hand says they are making design and manufacturing changes.
Also stated that a lip on the join is fine aslong as there is no gap. I said I have no confidence in it now what so ever.
Apparently there are 20x outstanding warranties 5x XL frames. This does not include the 10+ that have already been sorted.
They have been saying the same thing since earlier this year. If they haven't worked it out by now...

I can't believe they are still selling them on the website....criminal.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any chance you paid for it on a credit card and therefore have some protection there?

You'd be tempted to hire "the accountant" to take care of matters of a refund we're not forthcoming.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Leo and I had a lengthy a video call before. Reading between the lines of it all. He is taking over as CEO as things have been run into the ground CS wise.
They still haven't identify the issues with frames as they don't them all back. Which means it's multiple issues. Already designing changes and increasing wall thickness etc etc. Just pure damage control so they can keep some sales coming in.
An timeline is get all frames back by end Jan then go from there. With everything. Press release is imminent also.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Leo and I had a lengthy a video call before. Reading between the lines of it all. He is taking over as CEO as things have been run into the ground CS wise.
They still haven't identify the issues with frames as they don't them all back. Which means it's multiple issues. Already designing changes and increasing wall thickness etc etc. Just pure damage control so they can keep some sales coming in.
An timeline is get all frames back by end Jan then go from there. With everything. Press release is imminent also.
So no refund?

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Holy shit, just came across this thread and it’s developments.
Hope it all works out in the end, how frustrating.