A Long Pole

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
They have been saying the same thing since earlier this year. If they haven't worked it out by now...

I can't believe they are still selling them on the website....criminal.
It seems as though the last few days made it hit a tipping point and they finally had to act to save face. So best case according the Leo I'd have a frame by April.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Can't you just cut the BB out & send him some photos? Most other frame manufacturers allow this process for fault refunds.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So he’s talking about sending you a new frame and not a refund? Did I read that right?

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
The comments are savage.
More like hilarious.

Did the recruitment agency send them a prototype CEO by mistake?

Safe to say he is no longer in the pole position...

He didn’t have the stamina

Litenbror

Eats Squid
If people's livelihoods, bikes and money weren't at stake it would be a comedy.

Just hoping people get set right and not out of pocket.
Seems like plenty of people are out of pocket just from their deposits. When they were refunded it was using current exchange rates not the rate when they paid (I recognise this is standard practice) so they were out hundreds. Just salt in the wound, essentially paying international banks a few hundred bucks to get messed around and never get a bike.

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
...essentially just gave Leo a few hundred bucks to get messed around and never get a bike.
Not really. They would've refunded the same amount of money they received for a deposit, but due to fluctuations in the exchange rate (and probably some currency conversion fees) money was lost by the buyer. It's not ideal, but is a common risk with international purchases, and outside of Pole's control (ignoring the obvious not having a frame available to send them). Would still sting, but should be a known risk if you're making an international purchase.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
So he’s talking about sending you a new frame and not a refund? Did I read that right?
I have just send the frame back and it needs to be inspected then a decision can be made from there.

I had a 30 odd minute video call with Leo 2 days ago about my issues and his plan moving forward. I did make light of my distrust in the frame as it shows their manufacturing and QC isn't up to scratch. He did stress he wants to make right and already has design changes to increase the wall thickness of the frame and more bridging for strength. I took away that a timeline for this is Q2 2021. Leo did stress he wants to make this right. However it is going to be difficult as I have already previously said I've had to order a privateer 161 so I have a bike to ride.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Seems like plenty of people are out of pocket just from their deposits. When they were refunded it was using current exchange rates not the rate when they paid (I recognise this is standard practice) so they were out hundreds. Just salt in the wound, essentially just gave Leo a few hundred bucks to get messed around and never get a bike.
Better than if you gave him a few $1000 and not having a bike to ride for months though.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Not really. They would've refunded the same amount of money they received for a deposit, but due to fluctuations in the exchange rate (and probably some currency conversion fees) money was lost by the buyer. It's not ideal, but is a common risk with international purchases, and outside of Pole's control (ignoring the obvious not having a frame available to send them). Would still sting, but should be a known risk if you're making an international purchase.
Ah good catch you are correct. Will edit and see myself out.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I have just send the frame back and it needs to be inspected then a decision can be made from there.

I had a 30 odd minute video call with Leo 2 days ago about my issues and his plan moving forward. I did make light of my distrust in the frame as it shows their manufacturing and QC isn't up to scratch. He did stress he wants to make right and already has design changes to increase the wall thickness of the frame and more bridging for strength. I took away that a timeline for this is Q2 2021. Leo did stress he wants to make this right. However it is going to be difficult as I have already previously said I've had to order a privateer 161 so I have a bike to ride.
I’m glad there is some communication and probable resolution in a new frame.
But even if he sends out a re-engineered V2 version, after both yours and your brothers experience there’s no way I could keep and ride the frame. Not only the worry of another failure always in the back of my mind but the bad taste left in my mouth from the experience would be too much to bear.
I’d be pushing hard hard hard for a refund myself. But I’m glad he’s communicating with you at least instead of just going incommunicado.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
I’m glad there is some communication and probable resolution in a new frame.
But even if he sends out a re-engineered V2 version, after both yours and your brothers experience there’s no way I could keep and ride the frame. Not only the worry of another failure always in the back of my mind but the bad taste left in my mouth from the experience would be too much to bear.
I’d be pushing hard hard hard for a refund myself. But I’m glad he’s communicating with you at least instead of just going incommunicado.
That's virtually what I said to him. I can't take any positives from experience whatsoever so why would I be bike less and wait however many months for a V2 frame. It will have been 20 or so months time this plays out and I will had had frame for 3 months of that. It is almost impossible to restore confidence after a situation like this.
I will be requesting a refund that's for sure. I know putting these things out there isn't for everyone. There are many out there who have had theirs sorted quietly or still in the dark about what is happening.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Imagine how many actual failures there has been. Estimated 2000 frames in the wild (which is probably generous), 10+ very vocal online user failures, and likely 50 or more "quiet" failures? An estimated 3-5% failure rate?