A Long Pole

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Honestly, I'd find it very hard to stay composed, and perhaps that's what he's aiming for. You get aggressive, he decides not to participate and it's all your fault.

Hold on and he'll have to fold. Especially if you've the photos of it when received showing it in perfect condition.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
So it's now on it's way back already with updated link sleeves. Their inspection deemed there were no faults only lips within tolerance. Apparently if the bonding is failing then there will be a brown powder and black when washed.
Like below
received_698079697806987.jpeg

Virtually now shunted away with nothing other than a verbal 'all good'. Not very confidence inspiring. Given they looked at 5x failed frames yesterday. I did ask for testing data/regime but that couldn't be provided. Not getting anything other than this one can only assume it's visual yep looks good to me job.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Can you refuse to accept delivery and contact their local consumer affairs and start process for refund? I wouldn’t want it back. Really can’t see Pole staying around with an attitude like this.

Is your Privateer frame still on order?

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's a tough one, if you go too hard Pole will likely fold and you'll end up out of pocked but with a very nice CNC'd wall sculpture. If you are too nice to them they'll just keep giving you the run around and you'll have a very nice CNC'd garage ornament.
I wonder what their total warranty liability for defective frames (both confirmed and in dispute) is at the moment

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
The picture above was frame with the failing bonding and under sized top tube wall thickness hence the failure.
The Privateer is already here but held up at customs. komdotkom is right it's a delicate game with Pole. The easiest way forward is to ride it hard and almost wait for the inevitable. The bike itself rides phenomenally well and fast just doesn't lose confidence.
The FCA is a bit of toothless tiger and can only encourage them to do things virtually so no really easy way forward.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As someone who's profession centers around consumer law, I'm finding this whole situation very hard to watch. Sorry you have to go through this @Wake Jake
Shame it was purchased direct, as it seems you'd have a very easy case locally if purchased though an Australian distributer. I bet they're very nervous right now if there is one?

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Further conversing with Leo today I got somewhat conflicting tech advise after bringing up a few points regarding the bonding. The best I could get is 'trust us we know what we are doing' after inspecting.

Bringing of all this to light has apparently made many others cast doubt on their frames which he isn't pleased about. I think rightly so though. I have expressed many times to him and his team that most customers have an overwhelming negative experience. If you think my case is bad many others have had it alot worse including my brother.
To his credit he did acknowledge many things done in the past under Lauri (CEO) was wrong and is trying to listen to customer's feedback. Looking at the frame straight away is a very tiny sign that maybe things are beginning to change.

I am now at a bit of crossroads with this all.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
so what happens if you ride it now and have a catastrophic failure.... you're a braver man than me.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
so what happens if you ride it now and have a catastrophic failure.... you're a braver man than me.
Only been 1x or those that I know of. 5x frames were deemed failed on the same day mine was inspected.
Guess I need good health cover and a lawyer if they are still around. Would be a hard sell or I run it into the ground literally

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Has your brother's frame been through the same process yet? Keen to know what they said about that FUBAR.
His failed back in the Q1 this year. Was deemed a binding issue but then he's also said the wall was too thin on one side.
  • took the them 10 weeks to look at it
  • refused to refund the funds initially
  • FCA emailed and Pole took notice after this
  • Tried parts like axle, hanger and headset off the refund price
  • these parts at full retail price pricing eg €600 for a super deluxe
  • 4 weeks to initate refund

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
His failed back in the Q1 this year. Was deemed a binding issue but then he's also said the wall was too thin on one side.
What a joke. There a few very niche brands that have went feral when something went wrong, promising the earth until a flaw that should be sucked up and rectified looks like losing them money.

brawlo

Squid
Further conversing with Leo today I got somewhat conflicting tech advise after bringing up a few points regarding the bonding. The best I could get is 'trust us we know what we are doing' after inspecting.

Bringing of all this to light has apparently made many others cast doubt on their frames which he isn't pleased about. I think rightly so though. I have expressed many times to him and his team that most customers have an overwhelming negative experience. If you think my case is bad many others have had it alot worse including my brother.
To his credit he did acknowledge many things done in the past under Lauri (CEO) was wrong and is trying to listen to customer's feedback. Looking at the frame straight away is a very tiny sign that maybe things are beginning to change.

I am now at a bit of crossroads with this all.
Worth pointing out to Leo if you didn't already that the price will be fairly high if he fucks up his decision re your frame. Seeing as how yours would be one of the first warranty knock backs under his new world order and you're one of "those people" who are fairly vocal across social media, if it fails then their already precarious position will only get worse. If he acknowledges that fact then he must be confident in your frame still being ok