A new Banshee?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I'll leave you alone with mine if you like...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
No thank you. I have enough bikes, a DH bike aswel your ruin my budget.

I can’t ride a bike without wanting something similiar

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I didn't hold out all that long in the end. I'd been giving some thought to winter riding with FS bikes getting their suspension systems hammered.
I've no idea how long it'll take for Banshee to work up a LT Prime (or if Keith is personally reading my posts) but I figured a HT would add more breadth to my biking experience than a ~150mm FS 29" would given what I currently own.

With only one XL in Australia available at the time I decided to get one, build it up using some nice parts just sitting in the garage not being used and see if I enjoy the difference. If not, I'll move it on. I still found the frame pretty $$$ but there was precious else I saw which worked for me the same way.

Still have to secure the groupset and dropper post.
Thinking XT11sp and OneUp 210mm dropper.

Either way, the frame is beautiful, and I really am developing a thing for brushed / raw finished aluminium frames.
PYR and ride report to follow once completed and I've let my shoulder heal up.

Attachments

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Lovely, if I had the coin I'd be doing the same. Better get that XT 11 speed in before the Geoblockers arrive though. Also, check the dropper cable entry port before you go the OneUp. I had problems with the cable jamming on my 2015 Spitfire frame as it's a tight fit, and because of the outer actuation system of OneUp I had a few instances where the post wouldn't return properly.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lovely, if I had the coin I'd be doing the same. Better get that XT 11 speed in before the Geoblockers arrive though. Also, check the dropper cable entry port before you go the OneUp. I had problems with the cable jamming on my 2015 Spitfire frame as it's a tight fit, and because of the outer actuation system of OneUp I had a few instances where the post wouldn't return properly.
Yep, I've been watching that too. Still a few $$$ but as my wife told me, you can't ride it without them so just get it done.

And the One Up has been fine in my Prime too but I do know what you mean. External would work as long as it doesn't bow like my first gen Reverb used to. Hated that thing.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I think these are his favourite hardtail frames -

Aluminium - Banshee Paradox
Steel - Passila Hamari
Titanium - RSD Middlechild
Carbon - Spot Rocker SS
Budget Aluminium - Ragley Big Al!