A science nerd thread.

Bermshot

Banned
Maybe not alien, the cricket balls, but the other artifacts??

I have long thought (without evidence or previous reading of any kind on the matter) that perhaps this planet has been through a few cycles of life, even intelligent life, evolving and becoming largely extinct again while the earth and massive geo forces over time erase most of what was and then the world's life evolves again almost from scratch hence in some parts of the geo structure layers of this world is left evidence of very old things from a previous cycle....

I know there has been ice ages but I'm thinking cycles bigger and longer than the last ice age that which 'reset's the world. Extreme heat then cold for billions of years?

Humans, or other intelligent life hear billions of years ago.
In my opinion this is good thinking, research, the net is a tool of the ages. It allows the budding inquisitor a go. Since the library of Alexandria is torched and whatever else was left to the public is now contained by the "church." Well, we have the net!

stirk

Burner
In my opinion this is good thinking, research, the net is a tool of the ages. It allows the budding inquisitor a go. Since the library of Alexandria is torched and whatever else was left to the public is now contained by the "church." Well, we have the net!
I knew someone would understand me.

I may need to hit up the darknet for this ancient knowledge.

Beej1

I know there has been ice ages but I'm thinking cycles bigger and longer than the last ice age that which 'reset's the world. Extreme heat then cold for billions of years?

Humans, or other intelligent life hear billions of years ago.
Hopefully not too many billions of years, or they would have had to endure the vacuum of space rather than our 4.5 billion year old planet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I couple of weekends ago I watched a documentary about extraterrestrials landing in the USA. Very interesting it was. Likely that explains everything. It was a great doco with huge attention to detail and careful re-enactment of actual events. It was called Cowboys and Aliens.

Beej1

I couple of weekends ago I watched a documentary about extraterrestrials landing in the USA. Very interesting it was. Likely that explains everything. It was a great doco with huge attention to detail and careful re-enactment of actual events. It was called Cowboys and Aliens.
Bravo. POTD if I judged such things.

placebo

Likes Dirt
I love science! But have a go at you lot. ^^^^
No you don't. Is there any thread you won't shit up with your tin-foil helmet conspiracy paranoia? It's the same shit in thread after thread: gun control; politics; ebola; mandela; and current events off the top of my head. In this thread you've had a go at the close relationship between mankind and other hominids, such as sharing common ancestry, as part of your conspiracy bullshit. I'd like to see you refute the last couple of hundred years of biological science, particularly Mendel's particulate trait theory, Darwin's theory of natural selection on speciation, and any of Fisher's work with population biology. If it's all just bullshit, tear it down. Don't use vague references to the Jews or the Illuminati for your inability to do so.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
No you don't. Is there any thread you won't shit up with your tin-foil helmet conspiracy paranoia? It's the same shit in thread after thread: gun control; politics; ebola; mandela; and current events off the top of my head. In this thread you've had a go at the close relationship between mankind and other hominids, such as sharing common ancestry, as part of your conspiracy bullshit. I'd like to see you refute the last couple of hundred years of biological science, particularly Mendel's particulate trait theory, Darwin's theory of natural selection on speciation, and any of Fisher's work with population biology. If it's all just bullshit, tear it down. Don't use vague references to the Jews or the Illuminati for your inability to do so.
You mean you understand what he writes? Holy fuck.

placebo

Likes Dirt
It's frustrating. The posting is like some forum bot that posts garbled, grammatically tortured, machine english, and then the first link from a google search for the subject + conspiracy. It's obviously a plot by the jewish owned social-media cabal twitter/facebook to ruin forums and enslave our minds.

Beej1

Since we're on conspiracy theories, and science ... here is some quality viewing on how Monster Energy drinks are related to Satan, Weapons of Mass Destruction, Ice Hockey and the Illuminati.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knXtf-hjT4s

How does it relate to science? Well ... other than the fact that Monster Energy is full of sugar which can also be written as: CnH2nOn ... there is really no science link. It's just a funny pisstake vid.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
It's frustrating. The posting is like some forum bot that posts garbled, grammatically tortured, machine english,
That could explain everything. He built his own Antikythera mechanism to generate his posts.

Bermshot

Banned
That could explain everything. He built his own Antikythera mechanism to generate his posts.
Lost to a few gnashing sharks of "science." I did, I spun the dial to see. I also knew how easy it was going to be.

And in my opinion. I believe it's wave form.

What is Oppositional Particle Swarm? Does this relate to Waves and if so, is this the way for magnetic propulsion?

Last edited:

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Lost to a few gnashing sharks of "science." I did, I spun the dial to see. I also knew how easy it was going to be.

And in my opinion. I believe it's wave form.

What is Oppositional Particle Swarm? Does this relate to Waves and if so, is this the way for magnetic propulsion?
I have no idea what fuzzy controllers is psychology have to do with magnetic propulsion but it's prop able the non-conformal fermion paradox

Back to actual science. The detection of the bx_i' and bx_i* particles at the LHC has leant more support to the standard model. Very cool stuff both particles are made up of 1 down, 1 strange and 1 bottom quark. There are other particles made of the same combination. but as different spins of the quarks give the particles different properties. Mind blowing stuff

Beej1

Not sure anyone here saw Interstellar, but this short clip explaining how they did the CGI rendering for the black hole and wormhole shots is pretty interesting:
http://video.wired.com/watch/exclusive-the-science-of-interstellar-wired

Essentially they plugged all of Thorne's equations etc into rendering algorithms and came up with the most thought-to-be realistic depiction of a black hole so far. Apparently there's a few research papers in process thanks to this project.

scblack

Leucocholic
Not sure anyone here saw Interstellar, but this short clip explaining how they did the CGI rendering for the black hole and wormhole shots is pretty interesting:
http://video.wired.com/watch/exclusive-the-science-of-interstellar-wired

Essentially they plugged all of Thorne's equations etc into rendering algorithms and came up with the most thought-to-be realistic depiction of a black hole so far. Apparently there's a few research papers in process thanks to this project.
I want to go see it at Imax, but sorting out a babysitter is not easy. Not with xmas functions coming up.

Beej1

I want to go see it at Imax, but sorting out a babysitter is not easy. Not with xmas functions coming up.
It's worth it. Well I thought so. I want to see it again once more before it leaves cinemas, and IMAX is the only way I'll see it for sure. FWIW it's playing at 3pm some days ... you could always knock of work early (he says flippantly, not knowing at all if you have the ability to do this).

scblack

Leucocholic
It's worth it. Well I thought so. I want to see it again once more before it leaves cinemas, and IMAX is the only way I'll see it for sure. FWIW it's playing at 3pm some days ... you could always knock of work early (he says flippantly, not knowing at all if you have the ability to do this).
Good idea, I can slip off like that too. But not where I work now, I'm out at Glendenning. If I was still at Circular Quay could have easily done that. I like your thinking.....