A tougher rear wheel?

Ddm

Likes Bikes
After some suggestions on a replacement rear hoop, Currently running a DT Swiss EX511 but have dinged it up pretty bad and last night put a big flat spot in it :( Totally my fault for casing stuff and riding rough as guts and I understand nothing is indestructible. Have been pretty happy with EX511 and was gonna just replace it with the same thing as it has taken a pounding and there reasonably cheap but was thinking what else is out there? Happy to have something a little heavier but don't want a down hill rim and don't want to spend too much as I'll likely just wreck it again;) Cheers Dan

Ps don't want carbon!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Have you thought about Huck Norris or Cushcore inserts?
Lots of folks seem to be running them with great success.

moorey

call me Mia
If you can still get them, the Sunn double track was an affordable rim that nobody I knew could destroy in DH...but you’re probably looking for 27.5?

Ddm

Likes Bikes
The Huck Norris or Cushcore is a good idea! Hadn't thought of that

Yeah sorry looking for 27.5 x 30mm internal

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a history of dinging rear rims as well. I just put on some Spank Oozy 345s and have Huck Norris and have dinged them, twice, in the same spot (no idea how). They are still close enough to dead straight and evenly tensioned though. I think I have finally come to realise that it is not the wheels, but my shit riding style, and I just have to accept that I need to run higher pressure or just sacrifice the odd rim now and again.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Mavic 729. The choice of fat downhillers everywhere, now available in 27.5.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk