absolute n00b locked down in SYD

flip_5

Squid
Hi all,

I’m in North-West Sydney and been riding recreationally since I could walk but, like most people, never raced or joined a club or done much maintenance myself and i’m looking to get into trail/xc riding at my local club when all this COVID lockdown gear is over and potentially getting my 8yo involved too.

Currently spending time reading and learning about all the components and key riding techniques and some money upgrading my bike so it’s fresh and up to the task - 2014 specialized hardrock sport. Brakes are new with a 180mm front rotor upgrade. A 1x11 drivetrain will be next followed by a second hand fork. I’m looking forward to browsing the forums and pickyour brains from time to time.

it’s a rather limited platform with only 135mm O.L.D. - but I’m looking forward to learning lots as I work on and build this thing myself.

Hope you’re all doing well during this time and riding local to stay sane!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So you plan to get your 10 year old into a but of riding when this lockdown is all over? Good idea and welcome.

flip_5

Squid
Hope so. I’m gonna check it out myself first… then drag her along one day and then see if she can resist jumping on her bike.

ah 10yr old… hope not!