AC owners... need your help -"urgent"

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was just chilling out watching TV and noticed that my '03 AC has, what seems to be a dent in the right chainstay, kind of where the chainstay is merged out toward the rear derailluer... is this part of the frames design or is it a problem????
I did have the same bike back home but never remember noticing it, but then again I did have a chainstay protector on it.
Please let me know how yours is!!! I would get a photo but have no access to a digital camera right now.

This may not be a problem at all but I would like to know asap as I haven't ridden the bike yet and will take it back in to get checked out!!!

Cheers in advance!!!!!

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I have an 02 AC and I think I can remember seeing that on there, looks like a slight kink from when the tube is bent.

I'll check it more closely when I get home though.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Yea its part of the design, if its what I'm thinking of its there to give the crank some clearence so it wont hit the chainstay.

Dane

Likes Dirt
CHEWY said:
Yea its part of the design, if its what I'm thinking of its there to give the crank some clearence so it wont hit the chainstay.
spot on... i remeber panicking when i got home after picking mine up... but its all good!

btw what year did giant bring out the fluid-formed frames? was it '03?

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys... I checked around some pictures on some other sites and it does seem that it was meant to be there.... just worried when I saw it there, moreso for the hassles it was probably going to cause!!!