accommodation advice Bright

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
Looking to spend a few week days in Bright, Mon - Friday , early december , and im not too familiar with the trail set up ,

Just me and the missus , with myself going out for early morning rides while she sleeps /chills , and then spending the arvo and night with her ,

I liked the look of this place , a bit different to your average hotel ( studio 2 or 3 ) , I emailed them and asked how far away they are , they answered ,
we only about 3km away.. 10min by push bike 5 mins by car

http://www.theoddfrog.com/Studios/studio3/studio3.html

Is that about average for distance to the trails , or is there a lot closer ?

Any suggestions welcome,

Cheers

Go

Likes Dirt
Saw a place on one of the Facebook mtb groups not long ago advertising accom targeted at mtb riders.
May find it on air bnb

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Go

Likes Dirt
Aim for something close to the brewery, trails aren't to far to ride from there

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Looking to spend a few week days in Bright, Mon - Friday , early december , and im not too familiar with the trail set up ,

Just me and the missus , with myself going out for early morning rides while she sleeps /chills , and then spending the arvo and night with her ,

I liked the look of this place , a bit different to your average hotel ( studio 2 or 3 ) , I emailed them and asked how far away they are , they answered ,
we only about 3km away.. 10min by push bike 5 mins by car

http://www.theoddfrog.com/Studios/studio3/studio3.html

Is that about average for distance to the trails , or is there a lot closer ?

Any suggestions welcome,

Cheers
Basically doing exactly what I do when I come up with the missus....

That place is in a good location. Might want to be a bit closer to Bright town (your 1.5km away i think) and as mentioned above work your way out from the brewery.

Trails from where you've suggested maybe 5 min ride... I do the same... ride from accom...don't use car once there.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Always get a cabin on the river at the holiday park, trail along the river to and from the mtb, and easy walk into town. Never let me down, have heard the new owners suck though??

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Always get a cabin on the river at the holiday park, trail along the river to and from the mtb, and easy walk into town. Never let me down, have heard the new owners suck though??
Camp Crusty?
I've stayed there twice and the current owners are great. Let us use the showers post checkout after some muddy riding. Very clean accommodation and pretty cheap at 35 a head per night. Best location for shuttles too.

Switch

huskier headed gent
The odd frog is a really good option, cool accommodation to keep the wife happy and extremely close to trails. If you look at the trailforks map you can pretty much get straight onto trails from McFadyens Lane and make your way across to Mystic. It almost looks like Ballroom Blitz goes straight past the top of the property. The trails are basically on the backside of the hill where Odd Frog is located.

https://www.trailforks.com/region/bright-8830/?lat=-36.740723&lon=146.963297&z=15&m=trailforks

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Camp Crusty?
I've stayed there twice and the current owners are great. Let us use the showers post checkout after some muddy riding. Very clean accommodation and pretty cheap at 35 a head per night. Best location for shuttles too.
Heard good things about there, I meant the holiday park on Cherry street, right next to the skate park.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Heard good things about there, I meant the holiday park on Cherry street, right next to the skate park.
Ohh right, I think I know the one.

If anyone is looking for good and cheap accommodation next to the shuttle pickup, check out: https://www.campcrusty.com.au/

Very old cabins (with cooling and heating) and communal bathrooms. Can camp or park vans also.
Very high school camp vibe to it so it may not tickle everyone's fancy.

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Can i jump on this and expand it to where in Bright is the best place to stay with the wife and kids (4 and nearly 6). Preferably somewhere where the wife can entertain the kids for a few hours without having to leave when i go riding then when done i can return and we would head out and do more ‘family’ stuff further afield. ((Which is the best caravan park for kids in / near Bright?))

Travis.

teK--

Eats Squid
We usually stay at Riverside campsite/cabins.. easy to ride to trailhead from there yet close to brewery and town centre.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
I stayed at the Airbnb Pioneer Garden in Bright and it was right bang in between the trails and Brewery. Nothing flash but owner was really helpful. He might have a bit more luxurious option than the old cottage we stayed at.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've stayed at Pioneer Garden Cottages a few times, pretty old place, but clean and does the job, might not be fancy enough for some high maintenance partners. Great for families. Best position for riding. Right next to oval/bmx, about a 1 minute ride from Mystic lane, a bit of a longer walk to the pub in the evening though.
Well priced and Gordon the owner is a bike rider.

hilo

Likes Bikes
I stayed at an Air BnB in Porepunkah. It was great. Short warm up ride to Bright and the trails.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
+1 for Camp Crusty. It's cheap as chips, the showers are hot, it's at the foot of the trails and its but a short ride to the pub.

I usually sleep in the back of my van when I'm there but I'm taking the car up next trip (coinciding with ignition fest) and have booked a twin room for $60. Will let you know how luxurious the cabins are.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I'm looking to get some solid riding in around February or March next year. Ideally I would like to bring the whole family along including 2 young boys who will be almost 4 and 2 by then.

Is there enough family friendly stuff for the kids to do at either Bright or Falls Creek for a week?

If not I might go solo and let the missus do snowboarding kid free later. Are any other RBers heading up there around then that I can hang out with so I'm not such a nigel.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Last edited: