Ad campagains you wish existed and general bike snobbery

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
IMBA: Teaching people aged over forty how to build channels for water to run where they could have instead built a decent bike trail that can be ridden in any weather.
Things Rotorburners Say: "Politically orientated? Hardly, I hate politics and do my best to avoid anything to do with it."

Sorry, wrong thread :tape2:

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
IMBA: Teaching people aged over forty how to build channels for water to run where they could have instead built a decent bike trail that can be ridden in any weather.
:lol:

IMBA: Sterilising mountain biking one publication at a time

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
My mate is an IMBA nazi. I flatly refuse to build trails with him. Blood would be spilled:rant:
Does this guy act as though he owns the trails that he's allegedly worked on and shoo everyone away from them at the sight of precipitation? If yes the n can you please send him a big "fuck off you miserable c#@t" from me? That'd be great. ;)

moorey

call me Mia
Does this guy act as though he owns the trails that he's allegedly worked on and shoo everyone away from them at the sight of precipitation? If yes the n can you please send him a big "fuck off you miserable c#@t" from me? That'd be great. ;)
Oh, you've met pmathers?

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm over 40. I resent any (even slight) implication that this aligns me with IMBA principles in any way. In fact, the over 40's come from the good ol days when trails were full of rocks and off-camber sections, when men were hard and bikes were rigid. It's you soft young whippersnappers who started with all the diplomatic trail advocacy "Oh please let me ride on this trail, I'll smooth it out into a flow trail so old ladies can come mountainbiking too" BS.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Trek Project One - pick any colour combination you like as long as it's one we've pre-selected....

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My mate is an IMBA nazi. I flatly refuse to build trails with him. Blood would be spilled:rant:
IMBA rules of the trail: Rule 1 - Choose to spend more time "maintaining" trails than actually riding. Rule 2 - Tell anyone who will listen how much time you spend maintaining trails like some sort of trail access martyr instead of actually riding.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm over 40. I resent any (even slight) implication that this aligns me with IMBA principles in any way. In fact, the over 40's come from the good ol days when trails were full of rocks and off-camber sections, when men were hard and bikes were rigid. It's you soft young whippersnappers who started with all the diplomatic trail advocacy "Oh please let me ride on this trail, I'll smooth it out into a flow trail so old ladies can come mountainbiking too" BS.
Any plans on the weekend? You sound like the type of person I want to build trails with. ;)

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nah, you called me a virgin once. Besides, I can't get clearance to build because I'm so old.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Nah, you called me a virgin once. Besides, I can't get clearance to build because I'm so old.
Well in that case, I take the offer back. I don't want to work with a whining bitch with no sense of humor.

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Astro-Eng & Aprotek: Manufacturing frames for majority of bike brands since the 80's

Modern bike colour schemes: Making shit products appealing to the aesthetically obsessed

Shaving weight off bikes/parts: Compensation for overweight riders

Last edited: