Ads

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Hi mods, love your work.

I use tapatalk (don't hate me for it), which has been plagued with ads recently. I've asked tapatalk to shove them up their arse but they say it's a rotorburn thing - true or no?

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

2DIE

Likes Dirt
I just checked a few other forums I'm a member of on Tapatalk and they don't have any ads but here I have a lot.

Doesn't matter what I click on, home, unread, new posts etc every 2nd post is an ad, then in forum threads they put ads in between replies etc.

I've only been on these forums a few weeks but I've actually gotten used to ignoring them until you mentioned it.

I guess money has to be raised somehow, on the desktop forum the ads can be less intrusive. Like placed on the top and sides and bottom where you aren't focused on, but Tapatalk it's smack bang in the middle of everything you look at.

2DIE

Likes Dirt
Nope, it's the same over all my TT sites.
I just went and checked a few more, Detail Paradise and Club WRX don't have any ads.
NASIOC and Perth WRX do have them.

It must be up to the admin to have them on or off and perhaps the amount as well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just another tick for chrome...there is 2 small adverts at the top of the page. Very unobtrusive.

stirk

Burner
+1 for using a browser. Tapatalk is crap and they change the UI randomly and break the app with so called updates.

Enjoy your intrusive ads!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Tapatalk allows users to pay a premium price to remove ads. Think it's call Tapatalk VIP. Something like 15 usd for a perpetual license.

Tapatalk allows forum owners to earn revenue from ads for a 10 usd a month subscription.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Tapatalk allows users to pay a premium price to remove ads. Think it's call Tapatalk VIP. Something like 15 usd for a perpetual license.

Tapatalk allows forum owners to earn revenue from ads for a 10 usd a month subscription.
Yeah... $15 US for an app I've already paid for once... kinda shitty in my opinion.

Soooo, mabes the forum owner could piss them off?

Ideate

I hate craptalk EXCEPT when I'm uploading images from my phone.

Otherwise I use Chrome with it set to Mobile so I don't get those annoying advertisers at the top.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I see ads on Tapatalk all the time...but I don't see them. Fact is that Tapatalk seems make moving through a forum easier than most forum software, certainly when confined to a tablet...so I prefer using it.

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Yeah, to be honest I find the browser version of the forum horrid to use and prefer tapa - but the ads are shitting me to tears (I use ad blockers where I can so don't see them anywhere but in tapa)