Advice for Bottlerocket build

phillynight

Likes Dirt
I am going to order a few more sets from America in different colours to see what looks best but I have a gold set already. Was hoping they were close to the kashima coat gold but that shit is too unpredictable as it's totally different on my forks and rear DPX2. Still could look cool but yeh I really like that green you posted.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Engages in budget build...blows coins on different coloured stickers...I'm confused.

More cash to blow on gnarly parts dude!!!

Paint looks good. Like how this is coming together. Looking forward to seeing it finished!

moorey

call me Mia
Does look good. See if you can get some Transition decals from @xero or Transition direct in the spearmint green they used to use on the Double and Trail or Park:

I approached transition direct when I had my bottlerocket. Wouldn’t send decals, but they sent me the files....
I’ve probably still got it somewhere...

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Engages in budget build...blows coins on different coloured stickers...I'm confused.

More cash to blow on gnarly parts dude!!!

Paint looks good. Like how this is coming together. Looking forward to seeing it finished!
hahah yeh the budget flew straight out the fkn window when almost none of the parts from the Norco fit this and I decided I didn't want a half-assed bike. Don't tell my girlfriend how much I've spent on this thing or I'll be sleeping with it on the street. The decals are the cheapest part of this bike at $15 a set I can manage a few sets :)

At some point I want a dropper, better seat, upgrade drivetrain, etc. etc but you all know that rabbit hole well I'm sure. I just wanna get out and ride it so bad then decide what needs upgrading first :)

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Finally got the frame back from getting all the bearings pressed. Installed the headset/fork and will be putting it together this weekend. I am kind of stuck on something that maybe someone can help with. I upgraded the OE 11 year old Fox DHX to a new Fox DPX2 and realised the eyelets on the new shock have a small insert (tan) big that makes the shock eyelet too wide. What is the solution here? If I remove it then I feel like the reducers from the old shock will have play as they won't fit tight anymore. Any advice would be cool!

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Buy the correct sized reducers from a reputable retailer...if you want to keep life easy find your best local workshop a d tale both shocks in to them and they should be able to hook you up. Then sell the incorrect sized reducers on Facebook at 5 times RRP.

Bike looks good! Are you sure the shock isn't going to foul in that position?

xero

Supersports
Possibly remove the poly bushes and replace with a standard DU Bushing... you will have to size check though.

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Looks sweet!

You'll need new reducers. Those poly bushes work with the newer 5 or 7 piece reducer set rather than the metal "top hat" reducers that work with the metal pressed DU bushes of old.

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/fox-shox-7-piece-rear-shock-mounting-reducer-kit
Sweet thanks for the heads-up. I just pulled out the tan inserts just to see how much play is there if I re-use the metal ones and yeah it's def a no-go. The kit you posted looks like what I need. Might hit up some local shops to see if they have in stock or if not if they can set me up with the right width like @pink poodle mentioned. @pink the shock should be cool in that position as it's the stock position, but I have also seen people run them backwards.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Possibly remove the poly bushes and replace with a standard DU Bushing... you will have to size check though.

I was under the impression those poly bushes were the latest and greatest in bushing tech?

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Just found on Transition's website that the size is 8mm x 22.2mm and was able to find the exact fittings on the page that @leitch posted, thanks for that mate! Now to see if any LBS have that in stock or if I have to play the waiting for shipping game lol

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
8x22mm is very common still so you shouldn't have any problems getting some locally if you've got a decent shop to hand.