Advice Needed...2012 bikes?

Hails16

Squid
Good Morning All, hope you had an amazing long weekend! :)

Ok, so thanks so much everyone for previous advice, I've been searching around for bikes and trying to look at lots of different ones.
I'm looking for a mountain bike, hardtail with front and rear disc brakes. I'll be using it to commute to work and for some easy trails on the weekends..

Now, I've found that I'm really loving and have my heart set on the Jamis Durango 1 femme bike, (thanks hach_bee) :)
however I can't seem to get my hands on one! Every stockist I've found in Sydney or surrounds does not have any stock and is not getting more in. We've got one more Anaconda store that we're waiting to hear back from today.

However, I have looked at the Scott Contessa series, and I hate to say that I'm finding the colour scheme very off putting. I know that probably shouldn't be something that deters me though but I can't help it... :) And they are a touch out of my price range... this one however does look like a bargain and I dont' mind tha paint job. Is it worth spending that bit extra? http://www.bikeexchange.com.au/bicycles/scott/mountain/contessa-30/bowral/nsw/100146453 ...thoughts?

So, my question is, does anyone know when the 2012 model bikes come out and will be available for purchase in Aus and if there is any other great spec bikes for my price range I should be seriously considering? I'm looking from the $500 to the $800 mark.

Thanks so much for your help so far :)

quiggs

Likes Dirt
Get in contact with Adventure Brands, whom import Jamis into Australia, great bunch of guys whom should be able to help you out

ph 03 9770 8947

hope this helps

Jas Q :)