After 4 months, finally back out at the Silvan Trails

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice one. Very jealous of all that single-track!
I definitely need to hit up Silvan again. Only been out there once and got hopelessly lost; don't think I hit too many of the trials you had on display there and they look great

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So stoked to have been able to get back out to my local after the huge storms earlier in the year and found them running as good as ever!
Huge props to the trail crews and fairies, done an unbelievable job.
Hope you enjoy the videos

Are they officially open?

Sent from my AC2001 using Tapatalk

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The trails in the second vid are much more appealing for my skill level, but really enjoyed both.
Most of those would be right up your ally, we'll just avoid the first one and go round the big jumps up the top of IGOR.
Anything too serious can be avoided and still plenty of fun to be had. Can't wait till you fellers can come across to check it out.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Most of those would be right up your ally, we'll just avoid the first one and go round the big jumps up the top of IGOR.
Anything too serious can be avoided and still plenty of fun to be had. Can't wait till you fellers can come across to check it out.
Sounds good to me! I've got a great idea to keep us at a similar speed on the climbs too: :p

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They had cameras set up both where the trail fairies were working and on some features on bottle caps.

I'm doing a lot of work out that way after the storm and was hoping to get a ride in after work on afternoon but don't wanna piss off parks and prolong it officially opening. No judgement here was more curious to know if there were folks riding it post storm.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They had cameras set up both where the trail fairies were working and on some features on bottle caps.

I'm doing a lot of work out that way after the storm and was hoping to get a ride in after work on afternoon but don't wanna piss off parks and prolong it officially opening. No judgement here was more curious to know if there were folks riding it post storm.

You’d be one of many, don’t think one extra body would make any difference in what parks are doing. It’s very close to business as usual for the local contingent.

Only the trails closest to Mt Evelyn football ground are running, everything else will be some time off

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Interesting. To be honest I didn't think about it much. As mentioned lots of other locals have been riding the area for a while now. I assumed all was ok.
Don't know why they would have an interest in Bottlecaps, it was basically untouched by the storms, but has always been a sore point with parks I believe.

If they have a camera set up counting riders on bottlecaps, they are in for a treat lol. Quite a few very fit locals have been doing loops over and over again basically from day one.

I parked like normal, rode in, no signs that I noticed. Walkers and other riders everywhere and everything looks basically normal except for a few select areas closer to the reservoir end.