After HSC ride in Wollongong?

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey all.
Wondering if any one would be keen for an "all out ride" after hsc.
I finish the 31st of october. I no its different for other so send me your finish dates and then ur free And i will try to finalise a date which suits all ( Depending if people are interested.
Every one is welcome even people out of wollongong.
But for any one else who want to "cut back" and enjoy your self around keria, bally etc hopefully with alot of riders give me a shout on this forum.

Cheers Matthew ( rides Black d8, rc2x with saints)
:)

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Haha no worries, if ur keen then more than welcome to join, spread the word to your mates. Its a bonus if you can assist in shuttles.
Keep me updated.
Kind regards- Matthew:D

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Might see you up there. Me and my uni mates were keen to hit the trails this weekend but the thought theyd be a bit muddy and wanted it to be dry so we can hit the drops up. Will probably head out during the week and Wednesday sounds good to me.

McPete

Likes Dirt
I will, inevitably, be floating about most of the time, slowing you lot down :p

Hopefully I will have joined the ranks of the STP Mafia by then, so I won't axe myself trying to goad the Stumpy any faster than a brisk jog :p

I've had words to a few people I know, if it's ok another two blokes(Cloud and Craig) may be tagging along on hardtails. Dunno how good Cloud is on the rough stuff, Craig seems to do ok when he doesn't overstep the mark and put himself in a tree :p

The rangers are getting a bit active as has been noted, so we may want to avoid the areas we know they're floating about in.

I'm amongst the last to finish, November 9th, So you'll keep the tracks warm for me, yeah? :p
Pete

Last edited:

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
DONT
you do know rangers and them would go on this forum aswell
Thast true, But my mate friends, dad id a ranger, they know all about the trails, but thats still not the point, keep them on the " Down low" is still very important.
R u sam ( the one who rides norco aline or atomik o6 ish).
:)

dh1

Likes Dirt
they dont want people to ride the tracks. the rangers coming out to stop usis just bullshit. ive never seen a ranger up there before stoppin anyone and yes they know all the tracks even though suposed hidden and secret ones. if they didnt want us to ride then they would have stopped us along time ago. they just want us to look after the place. the day we leave rubbish and shit around and piss off bush walkers heaps is when they will close them down.
so sam if you are so worried about the rangers then dont go riding up there anymore

Sam!!

Likes Dirt
so sam if you are so worried about the rangers then dont go riding up there anymore

the only thing im worried about is that all the tracks getting CLOSEDD because(non locals,booners,kooks) go and leave rubbish around,park there cars right in front of the houses at the bottom and make huge amount of noises.....me and my mates are sick of always seeing sydeny riders treat our tracks like shit...

i dont just say things for my own injoyment
hope to see you on the tracks

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
they dont want people to ride the tracks. the rangers coming out to stop usis just bullshit. ive never seen a ranger up there before stoppin anyone and yes they know all the tracks even though suposed hidden and secret ones. if they didnt want us to ride then they would have stopped us along time ago. they just want us to look after the place. the day we leave rubbish and shit around and piss off bush walkers heaps is when they will close them down.

Your obviously not from wollongong mate. People have put lots of hard work into building/maintaining our tracks and we dont want booners coming and wrecking them.

So pretty much what im trying to say is.... Dont ride our tracks!

McPete

Likes Dirt
Actually he is, mate.

I agree with you in part, that the amount of work that's gone into all those trails DOES need to be protected to an extent. Personally, I'd not be spreading word via the very public forums such as this, I'd be talking to the people I know personally, and inviting them when I know when I'm going. This is what I've been doing. But now that this is all here, we'll have to run with it, won't we?
Just showing anyone who asks is unnacceptable, but just so long as we know they're responsible, will take care of the trails, themselves and keep out from under the noses of those who might not like us to be there, I see no reason why they should be excluded. This is the basis on which I was shown the local trails. Funnily enough, by dh1 and Matt -D8.

dh1

Likes Dirt
yes true you probably dont but if you have a look you will find that all the riders that have replied so far arent front sydney
and you probably will see me up there, so what?

dh1

Likes Dirt
like i can inderstand all the worry bout rubbish and the conditions of the tracks but if you want to make people aware of that then tell them on the forums to take note of certain things
dont just say no not because of the rangers and hey i wanna keep the tracks open and when i have ridden down there on weekdays and stuff and something ia farked up them i fix it because i appreciate all the work you have put into it

Plow King

Little bit.
G'day.

Pretty sure myself and afew mates are heading to the thirroul track on Wednesday. I'll post more details when they arrive but you're free to join. we will be doing pushruns and/or sections...

So reply back if you're keen.

McPete

Likes Dirt
Actually, I've been trying to figure out where the Thirroul track is. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on here, and my Canberran, Stromlo-riding cousin went there to get ready for his run at the WC, at Mont St Anne. And that's the sum of my knowledge on the place :p

kezzaM

Likes Dirt
Actually he is, mate.

I agree with you in part, that the amount of work that's gone into all those trails DOES need to be protected to an extent. Personally, I'd not be spreading word via the very public forums such as this, I'd be talking to the people I know personally, and inviting them when I know when I'm going. This is what I've been doing. But now that this is all here, we'll have to run with it, won't we?
Just showing anyone who asks is unnacceptable, but just so long as we know they're responsible, will take care of the trails, themselves and keep out from under the noses of those who might not like us to be there, I see no reason why they should be excluded. This is the basis on which I was shown the local trails. Funnily enough, by dh1 and Matt -D8.
Oh ok i didnt know if he was or wasnt. Sorry.

I agree with you also.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Wow. Theres alot of mixed comments.

My say= I not theres alot of different stories around, being- "Rangers" "no rangers" etc etc. As far as i know (and i have talked to alot of people) and not one have every stated "rangers" at keria ( im not trying to come across as being agressive/one sided in any way). Rangers all know of every trail, run around etc. On particular trails such as kembla ( recently) is insurance reasons.... ( may be more complicated) but regarding keria, as long as we respect the environment and the individuals that use the escarpnment eg bush walking we should be safe.

With what kezza said about dont ride out trails.... hmmmm thats a bit slack, every single rider aroung wollongong that ived talked to, will never end a conversation without some comment on how great keria eg- 20km track is. What im trying to say is that, on behalf of myself and the very large majority of riders all repect every trail around, particually keria. You would have to have, half a brain or a very quick car to escape the people that are involved with mtb rideing on this around wollongong if they were " fuckin it up for the rest of us". Regarding sydney riders destroying tracks im quite sure if any were caught they would become injured in some way lol. Every "gong" rider is grateful for having such fine tracks around wollongong. Summery- is that you should approve of all loyal riders useing these tracks, "we love them", and would only help you improve them.

Also i can understand were sam and kezza are coming from but try to see out part of the story, im sure you will understand.

Back on the topic- stop bitchin, get you mates and lets go rideing
:):)

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
tilt

My tilt on this way over the top, emotional issue.....
I have been riding(on and of) for years ALL the gong stuff, back to the 1st bulli stuff. Last year when the whole 'everything is closed, and rangers are going to get you, Sydney riders F...off blah blah' crap was going on(and obviously still is).....
We were riding a certain track and at the bottom of the 1st run of the day we were met by the ranger parked there and the big fella started with the 'Dont ride here, private land, fines, complaints etc'....
So we politely asked a few questions and listened to him closely...had a civil chat with him(and this is where most young, attitute drivven, punk riders get into trouble)....And he let us ride, and chatted with him at the bottom of every run re land access, sensible behaviour, respect for land owners and nearby houses, smile at the locals, say gday, and NO LOUD FOUL LAUNGUAGE etc....His words at the end of the runs were..."i will and can warn you at the end of the run, that you cannot ride here. You agree and move on, you ride the track again, and when you get to the bottom, i will tell you the same thing again" He cannot fine us, he can only advise us of the implications of riding. So what its really about is respect, respect, respect....for the land owners, the land, the residence etc....
And after about 2 hours we bought him a 6pack (as he looked thirsty sitting in the sun)....he smiled, said thanks, and thanked us for being polite and being realistic to the issues at hand.....and we had a great days riding, with no issues to anyone concerned.....
So thinks about it you lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: