aftermarket linkage for Giant Anthem 2012

hey guys, tossing up between ditching my anthem 2 2012 for an enduro with a bit more travel but was also thinking if there was a aftermarket long travel linkage available I'd consider it, matched with a 2nd hand longer travel fork.
cheers,
cam.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
I've never heard of any long travel kits for the Anthem. It'll be impossible to turn the Anthem into a modern enduro bike but you can make it a bit more capable with a longer travel fork and an offset shock bushing. I've ran my Anthem with a 120mm fork and the offset shock bush for many years and it produces a good handling package.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
The Anthem has a very steep front end, so even if you try to balance an extended-travel rear with a longer fork, you're still going to have a steep front end that is a hell of a handful when things get lumpy while pointing down. For only 100mm, the rear end is pretty capable, and with a 120mm, or maybe 130mm max fork to jack up & kick out the front end a bit will soften the edginess of the package.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
...Where did you get your offset from?
I ordered it from some eastern european guys off eBay. Can't remember their name.

The 120mm fork and offset bushing produced a head angle on my large size frame Anthem of a bit under 69 degrees. I also run the shock with 30% sag and when hitting the rough stuff I ride it right off the back of the bike. The Anthem rewards you if you get physical and move around. It will punish you badly if you stay in the same position.

You could slacken the head angle another 2 degrees with an external cup angleset and a straight steerer fork. Something set at 130mm travel would be ideal.

However, on a cautionary note, the frames are very lightweight and will be a limit as to how much punishment they can take.

teK--

Eats Squid
hey guys, tossing up between ditching my anthem 2 2012 for an enduro with a bit more travel but was also thinking if there was a aftermarket long travel linkage available I'd consider it, matched with a 2nd hand longer travel fork.
cheers,
cam.
No

Maybe try a fork 20mm longer..

I stretched the fork on my old Anthem from 100 to 120 and it made a nice improvement... So much so a year later they released the anthem SX same concept.