Age is no boundary!

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Whom else out there in MTB world is like me & my friends? i ride everything @ 39 years of age, theres a bunch of us that just love to ride, be it Down Hill, Single track XC type riding on the weekends for 2 or 3 hours, Dirt Jumping on Sundays and sometimes during the week, and lastly i would get out at night & ride street/urban at least 3 times a week, the weapons of choice Kona Coiler (seriously upgraded ) and Santa Cruz Jackel, others i talk to or work with just don't get it, they think iam crazy :eek: but its a life style thats keeps me healthy & SANE :) :) So who else lives the life?

Last edited:

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i'm 13 does that count? :p

you no jeff lenosky......yeh? ......he's 36 and a freakin good rider.

samjam

Likes Dirt
thank god...i thought i may have been the only one..lol
im 38 y/o.i ride a vpfree.not real well but i love to ride.my group have made a track at one of the boys house.its not real long yet but it will be:D
i like to ride with my crew of late 30's blokes.its so funny and we fall off all the time but its so cool.like you it keeps me sane.i dont mind just riding the streets for a wind down at night.my mate just got a sasquatch and we plan to take it along with a camera to the scate park this afternoon.should have a ball.
good thread mate:)

LIAM?!

Banned
thank god...i thought i may have been the only one..lol
im 38 y/o.i ride a vpfree.not real well but i love to ride.my group have made a track at one of the boys house.its not real long yet but it will be:D
i like to ride with my crew of late 30's blokes.its so funny and we fall off all the time but its so cool.like you it keeps me sane.i dont mind just riding the streets for a wind down at night.my mate just got a sasquatch and we plan to take it along with a camera to the scate park this afternoon.should have a ball.
good thread mate:)
That should be very fun :D

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
I'm 36 next month & broke my wrist downhilling 7 weeks ago. I'll be taking it easier from now on but not giving up completely.

old4dy

Likes Dirt
yo

your not alone im 53

got involved in mtbing thru my sons (4), it was a case of if you cant beat

them

join them, bought myself a Norco 6 3 after, my no 3 son broke his collar bone

i was riding his bike in the forest and racing short course DH, when he came

good, i had to do something about it.

Thats how it all started haven't looked back dont intend to.

At the moment im getting over a broken collar bone myself i crashed coming

off one one of the jumps in the forest, not carrying enough pace, front wheel

cased it, over the hangers you know the rest, two weeks to go.

Cant wait to get back on the bike, will have to take it easy for a while dont

want to crash again and totally fark myself.

The bug has set right in, im a bit of a track fairy also love getting out in the

forest scoping out new lines and building them for everyone to ride and enjoy.

Really like the new friends i have made thru racing, i cart my two youngest

sons to various MTNX races in NSW met lots of great people the comeraderie

is superb,,cant wait to start mixing it up there as well.

thats all because i wil go on and on and on.

Cheers

MTBcrash

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Age is just a number :)

It's the life SmokedHam. I'm 41 and get out regularly with a group of mates for XC and DH runs. Both of which we do regularly at night :) My kids have both started racing downhill this year, so now there's a bit of father son rivalry to fuel the fire. My kids and I get out as often as we can can even doing downhill train runs here in Adelaide with all the young lads. I ride a Session 7 which is a little on the heavy side for XC, but I can still outclimb some guys half my age so all is good :D I have no intention of stopping, it's too much fun so I will be like 'old4dy' and still be going for many more years (so long as injuries will allow at least) Keep hittin them runs mate :)

covert wolf

Likes Dirt
good to know that age is no limit... i like to think that in a couple of decades time i can still call my mates and head out for a seshion... good on you guys, see you out there :cool:

road_kill_ryan

Likes Bikes
wow thats so cool to see you guys are still out there and keaping active. good job.

i am 16 but i ride with a guy that is 45(or so) and he does XC and some DH and he gives most of the other younger guys a run for their money.

who is the oldest member of farkin buy the way?

thanks
ryan

mtb1611

Seymour
37 in a couple of months. Mainly ride road due to time restrictions etc, but ride mtb on weekends when I can, 2-3 hours. I've got a Reign, not afraid to ride ugly stuff, but I'm no air bandit, never have been, I prefer to keep my two wheels planted on the ground, even if that ground is at nasty angles! Not into dirt jumps, street riding etc, but that's just a personal preference thing. One of the guys who rides with us every week is 47, he keeps up no probs.

It's a lifestyle choice!

Matt H

Eats Squid
My dad rides XC and all-mountain stuff (and has done so for about 10 years), he turned 53 on friday.
He's the one that brought me into mountain biking in the first place so I congratulate him for that. He's keen to learn how to dirt jump as well..

DunCon

Likes Dirt
ft

in our normal downhill riding crew we have a guy who is 56 and he rides a 05 demo 8 and kicks ass at riding to he also does alot of cross country riding and rides a heckler

matty_101

Likes Dirt
I saw an 8 or something year old riding the easy drops at our local section. Goes to show, age don't mean diddly doo................lol. Chances are he was younger than that.

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
38, parent of two (so far), ride quite a lot of xc/trail/whateverridingyourbikeisbeingcalledthisweek and race DH (rather badly lately)

ride with a whole bunch of different people, all trails, all types of bikes, all ages
love it!!

so yeah, fook 'em!!!
to quote the old Harley t-shirt, "if you have to explain they'll never understand" or something like that