AIR CONDITIONING

slowmick

38-39"
I only ask @Sethius as there is more chance the unit is under charged if you can't see the outdoor unit. There's more pipe and the installer may have tried to stretch the factory charge to cover the installation.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I only ask @Sethius as there is more chance the unit is under charged if you can't see the outdoor unit. There's more pipe and the installer may have tried to stretch the factory charge to cover the installation.
Wouldn't be surprised.. The place is pretty but they cut corners in places on the build. Glad I only rent here.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Vrf unit looks like it, gas is integrated into building corporate fees that I don't pay for, Could be why?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Why not, have installed a few now and don't really see any diff from r410a
R32 is more efficient isn't it? But flammable?

I'm just starting to learn about this stuff, the eleventy hundred different types of refrigerant makes my eyes glaze over

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why not, have installed a few now and don't really see any diff from r410a
I'm old enough to remember FR12 and other early LPG based refrigerants and had the flash burn and singed eyebrows to reinforce why LPG is not my preference for systems that need sweated component changes.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Jumping on the bandwagon...
We're looking at a full RC Ducted system installed into an existing house....

Any brands to specifically avoid?

So far quote 1 has been for a Panasonic 12.5kw system - a 5yr warranty on the Panasonic unit is OK I suppose but not totally confidence inspiring

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Jumping on the bandwagon...
We're looking at a full RC Ducted system installed into an existing house....

Any brands to specifically avoid?

So far quote 1 has been for a Panasonic 12.5kw system - a 5yr warranty on the Panasonic unit is OK I suppose but not totally confidence inspiring
We have a Daikin fully ducted (Not sure on the system size) which we retrofitted after buying the house.
Now 10 years old and have only had one issue with a temperature sensor going in that time.
Have recently had it modified with a myzone 3 to allow complete isolation of various rooms and it was a good investment.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
We have a Daikin fully ducted (Not sure on the system size) which we retrofitted after buying the house.
Now 10 years old and have only had one issue with a temperature sensor going in that time.
Have recently had it modified with a myzone 3 to allow complete isolation of various rooms and it was a good investment.
Yeah we've stipulated that we want the 3 bedrooms (currently 1 spare room and one "office") to be on their own zones

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
How much was the myzone out of interest (take it to PM if you'd prefer)? We've got a unzoned ducted system and am curious.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
How much was the myzone out of interest (take it to PM if you'd prefer)? We've got a unzoned ducted system and am curious.
From memory $2.5k with 4 zones, the more zones the more expensive it is.
It's good as I like to sleep cold, so turn the temp down to 18 degrees and have no problems sleeping during summer and the rest of the family doesn't "freeze" (their words)

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Piece of piss to install zone controllers and dampers.
Have a look here for prices. Products, zoning, controllers etc.