Airshot Tyre Inflator.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Not worth it

Waste of time in my book you still have to pump the cylinder up so you may as well buy a cheap compressor which you can use for a heap of other stuff.

shaun7005

Likes Dirt
One of those "best thing i ever bought" kinda items. i have a compressor too. The Airshot pops the bead quicker than any compressor i have used.

Ideate

The best thing about my Airshot is that I can set a tyre bead at midnight without having to listen to the songs of my compressor. The worst thing is it makes me nervous when I'm pumping it past 140PSI. Sometimes I even wear safety glasses and ear muffs.

findbuddha

Likes Bikes
I've got one. It works as advertised, have inflated about 4 tubeless tyres with it now. My only complaint is it gets knocked over easily while in use... solved by lying it down :spy:

jarrod839

Banned
Awesome thanks again.

Sounds like its a worthwhile investment.

The mega psi it holds might be worth investing in some kevlar.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
These things are pretty cheap, I've always wondered if they have enough capacity to bed in a tubeless.

Anyone ever tried?

MarioM

Likes Dirt
These things are pretty cheap, I've always wondered if they have enough capacity to bed in a tubeless.

Anyone ever tried?
Yep , only thing that worked seating some troublesome tyres . Only problem was it froze the sealant and has resulted in one tyre blowing completely off the rim landing off a jump . Fucked the bead too so a brand new tyre in the bin .

Attachments

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Dang!

Pity, would be a nice, cheap and easy option, should it actually viable.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Air shot looks good bit exxy for what it really does.
I just go down to local servo w a valve adapter

deano

Likes Dirt
I've done heaps with little co2 inflators, wheel vertical, valve at top, sealant at bottom (obviously), no issues with frozen sealant, perhaps frozen sealant is from blasting co2 straight into sealant?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Oh yeah? And there is enough capacity in one of those little canisters to inflate the tyre?

IF it works I might give it a try.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
resulted in one tyre blowing completely off the rim landing off a jump . Fucked the bead too so a brand new tyre in the bin .
I don't understand that part either. How is the canister responsible for your tyre failing on a jump landing?

scblack

Leucocholic
A compressor is very handy to have in the garage. Escpecially seeing I do drive on beaches a few times a year.

And it was only $60 at Bunnings

Ideate

Im surprised no one has suggested one of these;
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/e...ontrager-tlr-flash-charger-floor-pump/p/11881

They are an expensive pump by pump price standards but ours has been a bloody good investment. Will easily seat any tire, so easy that my compressor rarely gets turned on now.
One simple device where the "Airshot" compressed air cylinder needs a pump to charge it anyway.
That's true but you don't always need to seat a tyre so you can put the "Airshot" away. If I'm going on a trip though, I'll ductape my Airshot to my pump so it looks like a Bontrager Flash Charger :spy:

Those who say you can buy an air compressor instead.. it's not the same thing. Yes you can buy an air compressor and have a fun time in the garage. What you can't do is take that air compressor into the lounge and seat a tyre while your missus is watching Kiss Bang Love or take your air compressor with you on ride days without hassle. I love my compressor but I also enjoy the options my "Airshot" gives me.

MrZ32

Likes Dirt
I have the flash charger.. love it.. use it as my main pump.

Nothing i haven't been able to seat.. including non tubeless tyres

deano

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah? And there is enough capacity in one of those little canisters to inflate the tyre?

IF it works I might give it a try.
Yep, enough capacity to bead, sometimes just enough, once the bead takes top up with air.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk