Aldi 29er

Calvin27

Eats Squid
It's back again, and for very entry level looks preety good for the money. Waddya reckon for a commuter/dirt road bike?

I'm buying one simply for the drivetrain. Will probably then turn the sucker into a single speed commuter bike with the spare rigid fork i got sitting around. That's if (and a big IF) I can get my hands on one!

cammas

Seamstress
I believe next Saturday according to posts on Facebook, already told the sisters-in-law to get one to ride with her son. There’s some other bits and pieces on sale as well like bike storage stands etc

kiwiinmelb

Likes Dirt
out of curiosity, whats the sizing like ?

I read there are two sizes , is it pretty standard medium and large ?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
out of curiosity, whats the sizing like ?

I read there are two sizes , is it pretty standard medium and large ?
yep the last one I saw was fairly std if not slightly old school sizing -eg not long & slack..shame they don't have a small for kids & sml women

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yep the last one I saw was fairly std if not slightly old school sizing -eg not long & slack..shame they don't have a small for kids & sml women
Reading the amb review it’s sounds like the medium is on the small side.. Trying to justify one for the wife who is 158cm..

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Their compressor was completely shit and has put me off ever entering the place again.
Yeah, it’s hit and miss. Kirsty tried a mixmaster knockoff from there - it had one use and then she went and dropped the cash on a big heavy proper Mixmaster.

I’ve got a vacuum cleaner from there that rocks though.

They do at least don’t argue returns.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I’ve got two pairs of Aldi shorts, they’re bloody good. Have some of their roadie jerseys too.
They work for me too. They seem to be getting better each year. The liner on my earlier other pair has had better days so I'm trialing an Ebay replacement in tightarse fashion. I felt wasteful to toss out the shorts while I only need the inner liner, so giving it a go.

The boys aren't complaining so far but sizing up is a good thing.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Summer-...added-Liner-Sports-Shorts-Pants/264075506472?

I have a older Aldi Crane jacket which has been used more than I thought. Not too hot and spot on for the climate here.
The inner circle of Aldi bike bargains tempts me too easily.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got two pairs of Aldi shorts, they’re bloody good. Have some of their roadie jerseys too.
I've got 2 pairs of the shorts and they were alright for the price but the velcro fly broke on both of mine and they were a bit of an odd fit.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've got 2 pairs of the shorts and they were alright for the price but the velcro fly broke on both of mine and they were a bit of an odd fit.
Neither of mine have a velcro fly. They might have a few different versions out there.