Aldi bike sale

link1896

Mr Greenfield
The sly shorts are good, my local Aldi store accidentally had stock early out on the floor but they couldn't be purchased.

stirk

Burner
Long thread on ALDI stuff.
https ://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?271603-Aldi-bike-stuff/page17

The ALDI shorts are always good, netti shorts might be better than the usual. Everything else is the same as last time mentioned. Buy the lights.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the helmets are great value, if you get badass matt black, well that's all I need to say.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
the helmets are great value, if you get badass matt black, well that's all I need to say.
Also will have all the necessary approval stickers to satisfy the insurers and race organisers of the world.

When I see the low cost helmets now compared to the higher end stuff, there just doesn't seem to be much in it, maybe finished a bit nicer or has some strategic mesh and funkier clips but hard to justify up to a 10x higher pricetag.

Provided said cheap skid lid fits comfortably, they aren't super ugly nor look like ice cream containers on your head any more. I still have a butt ugly Scott helmet somewhere that makes your eyes bleed compared to the new age Aldi ones.

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that's right all the same safety standards, sub 300 grams, same buckle, poly with plastic cover, I usually buy 3-4 aldi for my commutes, and keep the good ones for events, but to be honest i don't seem to go faster with my $150+ helmet on.

This weekend is the Aldi bike stuff sale.

My pics are:
Go here to check out rest:
https://www.aldi.com.au/en/special-buys/special-buys-sat-9-september/

mmm, smoky bbq nuts

oops, scrolled down too far

kooga

Likes Bikes
Wont be getting it, but interested to know about the WD40 Bike lube? Is it different to normal WD40? If different is it still going to bugger your chain?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Wont be getting it, but interested to know about the WD40 Bike lube? Is it different to normal WD40? If different is it still going to bugger your chain?
supposedly diff to normalwd40, its there bike specific lube, its not bad -i have used it its fairly good at not picking up dust & mud, i felt like i used the can quicjly as opposed to a liquid i dripped on

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If I had a twenty dollar head, I'd be quite happy buying a twenty dollar helmet.

The stand looks identical to the one I paid $99 for at my LBS a while back. Once I shoved some bits of old tube in the clamps so they didn't slip when I was working on the bike, it was fine. I'd definitely recommend it for that price.

PLUGGA

Likes Dirt
Happy Father's Day to me. Hellooooo Aldi bike stand! Good bit of kit for $40.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Petero

Likes Dirt
I picked the stand up also. Question - What is the ideal clamp location? Are there concerns with clamping an AL frame (top-tube)? Or should I clamp the dropper post? (Pre-dropper I clamped the seat post..)

Ideate

Got some Yetti shorts but the wrong size if anyone wants them. 2XL (which is 36-39?). I haven't tried on the inners but he outer shell feels like my 36 TLD shorts. Two pairs.

Why do we call shorts and pants pairs? Pair of legs = one pant? One pant = one pair? One pair != two pants?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I picked the stand up also. Question - What is the ideal clamp location? Are there concerns with clamping an AL frame (top-tube)? Or should I clamp the dropper post? (Pre-dropper I clamped the seat post..)
I'm clamping both my bikes (both AL) on the top tube. What issue are you worried about in particular?