Aldi bike sale

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
i dont mind the French made one Sainte Etienne...
That one is pretty good. I haven't tried much of the Aldi beer range though.

I confess to buying the Aldi light beer since I am usually looking for a nap after a few regular beers. As soon as I have a beer then I will also have to drive for some reason.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
My opinion of Aldi is, if your shits so good, why are you trying to knock off legitimate brands?
Going as close to the line and not getting sued seems to be the business model.
We don't shop there
Its funny because they aren't trying to knock off anything. What Aldi do is sample and market research a bunch of existing stuff on the market, then approach the manufacturer and get a slightly cheaper version made. It usually comes out of the same factory hence why the packaging is near identical even down to the bottles and labelling used.
I do install work in food factories and see it all the time, sometimes its even the exact same product.
The manufacturer still gets paid, aldi make some profit for doing very little and consumers get a cheaper alternative.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Its funny because they aren't trying to knock off anything. What Aldi do is sample and market research a bunch of existing stuff on the market, then approach the manufacturer and get a slightly cheaper version made. It usually comes out of the same factory hence why the packaging is near identical even down to the bottles and labelling used.
I do install work in food factories and see it all the time, sometimes its even the exact same product.
The manufacturer still gets paid, aldi make some profit for doing very little and consumers get a cheaper alternative.
Maybe sometimes but more often it's Aldi lawyers knowing what they can and can't get away with. Many companies have taken action against Aldi.

MrLazy

Likes Bikes
I got one of the stands on saturday. Really weird, an hour and a half after the opened, walking up and an Aldi guy was dragging 2 down the aisle to the dock?? Still 2 on the table so managed to get one at least.

I figure for $40 its gonna allow me to figure out if I really do want to spend the money on a quality one or not. Whether I do chuck it in the back of the garage and dont use it again, or if im using it quite frequently.

Even if im not using it that frequently, I can deal with some of its issues (eg. 5 legs) whilst im learning to fix bikes myself. Case in point I changed the gear cable yesterday - Something that would have been a PITA for me without a stand having never done it before.

And to be honest, I was on the cusp of ordering a $300 park tool stand before I saw the sale was coming.

moorey

call me Mia
The 5 leg will be fine on very flat surfaces. I used to have the 4 leg a few years ago. Did most things fine. I shouldn't have over used it when doing things like removing tight BB's while on the stand. The clamp started to crack pretty quickly, though it held on for another 12 months before collapsing.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don’t shop there anymore when I found out their company strcture/trust tax arrangements.. They aren’t playing by the rules coles, woolies and the independents have to abide by.. Pretty ordinary all their profits disappear overseas while employing the bare minimum staff in Australia.. Not to mention all the free access they get to our tax payer funded infrastructure without contributing much to the tax pool.. They claim they are above but check out their accounts, laughable..