aldi tool kits

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I picked up an Aldi stand this morning and reckon it's fair value for the money for occasional home use. The wall mount option looks handy too. I can't clamp a 12kg bike by the seatpost and keep it vertical, there's too much weight toward the front of the bike. Not fussed though, as more often than not I'll be taking the wheels off when cleaning, bleeding brakes and so on.

Checked out the tool kit as well, like others here I thought the tools looked cheap and I already have enough screwdrivers and allen keys so didn't need half of the kit. I'd rather build up a collection of decent tools over time. Buy cheap, buy twice as the saying goes... anyone want a couple of Giants? ;)

moorey

call me Mia
i can see that the current aldi one has some wall mounting feature, alloy coloured cross bar instead of black, different clamp handle, plus a different usable height ....but sure theyre the same :D
Yes, well, I edited after I looked again. Bit below the belt quoting something I'd already changed.

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
I've got the stand and tool kit. I find them fine for the money. Not the best, but not the dearest either. And it got me the start of my toolkit in one go.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Pump

The floor pump is good for the money too. I picked one up so the kids would stop playing with my lezyne pump.

I feels pretty flimsy but the attachment is quick and easy and the gauge seems ok. It's actually easier to use than the Lezyne

gutoneto

Cannon Fodder
The floor pump is good for the money too. I picked one up so the kids would stop playing with my lezyne pump.

I feels pretty flimsy but the attachment is quick and easy and the gauge seems ok. It's actually easier to use than the Lezyne
I bought one cople of years ago and didn't last to pump my second pair of wheels...

gutoneto

Cannon Fodder
By the way, the tools are very cheap too. Save a bit more and make yourself a favor and buy a nice set of tools(or at least the ones that you need most). ;)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I bought a pair of their shorts yesterday... did a lap of Lysty, and they were comfy enough to go straight back there after my ride to buy a second pair.

I had a pair of Aldi shorts from years ago and the inner nicks bit was hopeless, but these new ones are much better.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I bought a pair of their shorts yesterday... did a lap of Lysty, and they were comfy enough to go straight back there after my ride to buy a second pair.

I had a pair of Aldi shorts from years ago and the inner nicks bit was hopeless, but these new ones are much better.
Have to agree on both counts.

The current gen Aldi INOC shorts are pretty comfy and I've been subconsciously picking them as my first choice lately. The inner nick nappy thingy was a bit ouchy around the seams of the earlier model. you need a tough butt to survive that one for long periods in the saddle.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Yeah I bought a pair too...plus some inner knick thingys.....haven't tried 'em yet. Hope they last longer than 2 rides....

stirk

Burner

Have to agree on both counts.

The current gen Aldi INOC shorts are pretty comfy and I've been subconsciously picking them as my first choice lately. The inner nick nappy thingy was a bit ouchy around the seams of the earlier model. you need a tough butt to survive that one for long periods in the saddle.
If you like those liners I've a couple going free for pickup or a devlish fee to ship. Medium in size, see apparel section in for sale thread.

If I give them to a charity Shop like St Vincent's the old biddies might mistake them for incontinence pants! :heh:

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I already had most tools required, but buying the Aldi tool kit has been quite useful for retro bike fixups to flip them. I bought two for half price a while back, then sold one on Scumtree so only ended up paying $5 for the tools. It is handy, but not good quality so I go to my other tools first. Having it in a case also makes it easy to chuck in the car for trailhead fixes.

I also have the stand, works well. good to take to bike events as it collapses down better than the other one I have. I did drill through the top bit though so I can stop it rotating under weight by slipping in a bolt or spare allen key.

I have an Aldi pump from a few years ago, lives in my locker at work. The guage isn't as accurate as my home pump, and the volume of air is lower per pump but it works and it was cheap.

My name is Flamin'trek. I have a problem. The centre aisle at Aldi keeps emptying my wallet.