All Mountain Tyres

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Am I the only one that fights Contis fairly easy to fit. Mounted DH casings to EX471 with inserts without any real struggle.
My rims are 44mm wide with a 'D' shaped bead and asymmetrical, also reported to be tight rims, mixed with the Conti on this combo, they were hard.

Once fitted for a week or two they are fine, just stuck an airliner in the rear, it went in alright too.

Popped on to the WTB in the video easy.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Mounted the defective Argotal on an old rim and sent the private video to BC, they said the rim was bent :rolleyes:

After a bit of useless correspondence with BC, I sent it to Continental (Germany HQ), they said it should be replaced. Next thing, surprisingly I get a call from the Aussie importer, he said it should be replaced but it was up to BC, though he would give me a discount on a replacement.

BC eventually agreed and refunded me the 53 euros ($86au)

That's a terribly disappointing QC for an $86 tyre! I have had a few tyres (different brand) that looks like that, but never paid more than $30 for it..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's a terribly disappointing QC for an $86 tyre! I have had a few tyres (different brand) that looks like that, but never paid more than $30 for it..
$125 buying them here :confused:

Still riding a set of them and the tyre did last for a couple of weeks before failing. BC refunded me $91 so I'll order more after Xmas.
Had good contact with Conti that was reassuring.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Continental are absurdly expensive in Australia - I'm surprised another TBE isn't taking advantage of the greed displayed by here and selling tyres using the high volume, low margin model.

madstace

Likes Dirt
So curiosity finally overcame familiarity and I've broken up my DHR2 maxx-terra front/DC rear combo with an Aggressor 2.5 out back. Seated nicely just with a floor pump and has a nice round profile on 35mm ID rims. Only one short ride so far but first impression is it definitely rolls faster, even on dirt. Cornering felt close, although it got me thinking an Aggressor with Minion side knobs would be close to perfect. Need to hit steeper terrain to see how it climbs and brakes.
Another short ride (this year has been fucked for consistent rides :( ) but despite the time gap I had no trouble with the Aggressor again. I'd shied away from it for ages as the general consensus seemed to be that it was a bit shit, but given the speed difference over the DHR2, I'll happily take any reduction in braking or cornering that I haven't yet been able to perceive.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Been out for 2 rides on a Kenda Pinner AGC 27.5X2.4.

1st ride was a relatively grippy You Yangs ride and it seemed pretty good.

2nd ride a dry dusty "normal" You Yangs today. Grip was excellent. Pretty impressed I must say.

Last edited: