All Mountain Tyres

crim 87

Likes Dirt
im waiting till the minion ss is out and pair it up with the dhf will be an awsome combo and switch back to a dhr2 for winter maxxis are the tits !!!

Nerdbox

Likes Dirt
Damn. I Just bought a 2.4 Shorty instead as I wanted something fat, and everything I read said the 2.5 DHF wasn't.

Any chance you can grab a width for both your tyres? No rush.
Not having any accurate way to measure them - there is about 5mm in it

CraigM81

Likes Bikes
I'm pretty excited for the dhf 2.5 and dhr 2.4 if those rumours are true, hopefully they will also come in the double down casing. I had been running 2.3 dhf/dhr2 until recently I rode my friends bike with magic mary/hans damf and was shocked by how much more grip he had. I tried out MM/HD in SG casing but they were too slow and heavy for pedalling (I'm saving them for shuttle days) so I just mounted up MM/rock razor in snakeskin for more varied all mountain riding. They feel unreal so far but we'll see how they last.

BTW the tread on the 2.35 schwalbe's measures 6mm wider on my 30mm ID rims than 2.3 maxxis

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I just bought 26" maxxis HR2 2.3 and an Ardent 2.25 to try out instead of my Butcher 2.3 and ground control 2.3. I love the specialized rubber but it's getting harder to find.

My question is I got the hr2 in 3c Exo TR variant but could only find the ardent in Exo TR. should I bother trying to find the 3C version and return the one I got? Or just go with it?

Last edited:

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I just bought maxxis HR2 2.3 and an Ardent 2.25 to try out instead of my Butcher 2.3 and ground control 2.3. I love the specialized rubber but it's getting harder to find.

My question is I got the hr2 in 3c Exo TR variant but could only find the ardent in Exo TR. should I bother trying to find the 3C version and return the one I got? Or just go with it?
Assuming the Ardent is for the rear, I would just stick with what you have.
I have the both versions on different bikes currently and can't notice any significant performance difference. The non 3C may wear quicker if it's a soft compound, but at maxxis prices that probably equates to 3:1 over the speccys. The 3C has harder compound in the middle blocks and a softer compound on the sided knobs for cornering raddness.

redline316

Likes Dirt
I just bought maxxis HR2 2.3 and an Ardent 2.25 to try out instead of my Butcher 2.3 and ground control 2.3. I love the specialized rubber but it's getting harder to find.

I don't think the ardent comes in 3c I've never seen one before. I think only exo tr.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I don't think the ardent comes in 3c I've never seen one before. I think only exo tr.
I have HRII, Ardent and Ikon all on 3C. *

*This is in 26 so other sizes may vary in availability. All Information is correct at time of printing and Titsup Industries assumes no responsibility for any actions taken based on provided information.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Assuming the Ardent is for the rear, I would just stick with what you have.
I have the both versions on different bikes currently and can't notice any significant performance difference. The non 3C may wear quicker if it's a soft compound, but at maxxis prices that probably equates to 3:1 over the speccys. The 3C has harder compound in the middle blocks and a softer compound on the sided knobs for cornering raddness.
Yeah for rear, I went into 5 different stores and only 2 had the ardent in 26".... None had it in 3c
I think I'll just chuck them on and see what they are like, the ardent was only $40