All Mountain Tyres

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm currently using Magic Mary front with a Maxxis Aggressor on the rear on my Stans Flow MK3 wheels.

I find it a great all round combo that suits a varied range of terrain.

I tried a Hans Dampf on the rear but had to much rolling resistance.
Hmm I've got a Magic Mary up front and Hans Dampf on the rear, and rolling resistance is enormous! I was eyeing out Mary for a change up front, but maybe Hans has some answering. Might try the Aggressor.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Hmm I've got a Magic Mary up front and Hans Dampf on the rear, and rolling resistance is enormous! I was eyeing out Mary for a change up front, but maybe Hans has some answering. Might try the Aggressor.
In my limited experience, the rear makes a bigger difference to rolling resistance than the front.

dunndog

Eats Squid
I put an aggressor on recently, tubeless in the DD casing. With very limited ride time on it, some climbing and descending at Buller, so far it feels very impressive. Was pretty happy with the dhr2 on the rear but thought I'd give this a go before i stopped testing tyres, funnily I notice Maxxis say the Aggressor has more rolling resistance than the dhr2! Yet to confirm that one..

SDA

Likes Dirt
Really impressed with the new Bontrager SE4 2.4" on the rear. Rolls well, has good amount of grip but can be pushed into a controlled drift if you want. Much better than an Ardent I had on a previous bike.

Running a custom cut 2.3" DHR2 on the front which is good, but wish it was slightly wider.

Still searching for that perfect front tire - true 2.3" minimum width, suitable for 30mm internal rims, no transitional knobs, soft side knobs, not too heavy and reasonable rolling resistance.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone had experience with Michelin Wild grip'r. They look pretty good ... a mate gave me one as he has a different wheel size now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone had experience with Michelin Wild grip'r. They look pretty good ... a mate gave me one as he has a different wheel size now..
I've used it as a rear on a 26" bike and liked it. Despite the name it's not super grippy, but good enough on sandstone.

tasty.dirt74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've used it as a rear on a 26" bike and liked it. Despite the name it's not super grippy, but good enough on sandstone.
That's what I thought too. It was potentially going to go on the front of a hardtail, but best put it on the back to avoid any nasty surprises.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
That's what I thought too. It was potentially going to go on the front of a hardtail, but best put it on the back to avoid any nasty surprises.

I ran one for a short time on the front of an xc/trail bike and liked it a lot. I only changed it as I bought a second hand set of wheels that came with tyres mounted and I wanted to try those.

Started riding more aggressive terrain and never ended up going back to the Michelin. I still have it in the shed though as I will run it again some day...

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
had one on the front my 5 spot,ok for general trail riding,not so good when the speed picks up, on the plus side it blows up nice and wide even on normal rims.......

Last edited:

jrewing

Eats Squid

Hurt myself on the flow track with that tyre in the front. Side knobs fold over and let go fast. I'd use it in the rear of I had to

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Ordered a 27.5 2.6 Spec Butcher grid to try. Any one used one? Why is it the spec shops always charge more than the retail on the spec website?
Anyone want to buy a new 27.5x2.35 Hans Dampft Super Gravity? I'm more curious to see the width of the 2.6 as the 2.3 spec tyres are fairly narrow. And of course my local spec shop doesn't keep any in stock.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Have run a DHR2 rear for a while now and DHF on the front. Love it but has an annoying wobble and has damage from a crash. Anyone run DHR2 on the front? Thinking running it front and back. Although as per others have a Hans and aggressor I need to wear out sitting in the bike room also.
DHR2 up front goes great. I actually prefer it to the dhf up front, i find it corners even better but maybe that's just my style

SDA

Likes Dirt
DHR2 up front goes great. I actually prefer it to the dhf up front, i find it corners even better but maybe that's just my style
Trim a couple of millimetres off the widest centre knobs and it will go even better!

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Anyone rocking the 40mm derby rims? Wondering how they go with the tyre profile on dhf 2.35. Cheers

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Got my 2.6 Butcher, looks awesome. Width looks similar or only a touch wider than a Schwalbe 2.35 I reckon. Will check against my other tyres tonight.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
The side knobs on my 29er Hans Damf are tearing off after a handful of rides. Very common issue it seems with their 29er one.

Rather disappointing
Have a nobby nic out back which is fune

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
The side knobs on my 29er Hans Damf are tearing off after a handful of rides. Very common issue it seems with their 29er one.

Rather disappointing
Have a nobby nic out back which is fune
Try the big 2.35 nobby nic in trailstar up front.