All Mountain Tyres

Hal-9000

Likes Dirt
Interested to hear how the Aggressor goes paired with the Assegai on the front too. This is probably front runner for next tire combo. Keen to run a faster rolling rear but worried it’ll be a little unbalanced with masses of grip out front and comparatively little on the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Minon DHF 2.5 MaxGrip up front and an Aggressor 2.5 in the rear.
Only used this combo a few weeks and in the dry (loose over hard pack) but the rear always let's go first which is a characteristic of the combo I like.
The DHF MaxGrip has blown every other tyre I have used up front till now out of the water.....MaxGrip compound is the key.
The Aggressor rolls nice and smoothly out back.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I don't mind the Wild AM as a rear tyre - fast rolling and grippy enough for the rear, but front I found they were great - until suddenly they weren't (usually when hitting a patch of loose sand). That being said I don't get along with Assegais either (which most folk seem to reckon are the ultimate in grip), there's just something about that big channel with DHF's that just works for me in the majority of conditions.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Tried the Michelin Wild AM on the Intense.

On dry dusty crap, my god do they hold on. Roll awesome too.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
I find the sidewalls a bit flimsy. The Wild Enduros are better.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
I find the sidewalls a bit flimsy. The Wild Enduros are better.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I roll them on the alpine, although the front on that seems to be suffering inflation issues....

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

BB1

Likes Dirt
I've been running the Wild AM on the front for a year now, I really can't fault it. Had the Force AM on the back as a really fast rolling tyre, worn out now after about 1000km. Wild AM still looks like new. Funnily enough on the big G15 the Force worked fine due to the length of the bike, but on my new bike with shorter chainstays I notice it lacks grip.

I think I might try the Wild AM front and rear, dry and dusty crap pretty much sums up the tracks up here in SEQ!

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just fitted an EXO Dissector to try. Used the DH version at BawBaw and Buller and worked well, so going to try the WT version on my trailbike wheelset.

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Just fitted an EXO Dissector to try. Used the DH version at BawBaw and Buller and worked well, so going to try the WT version on my trailbike wheelset.
Front or rear? I am interested to try one as a front when my current assegai wears out.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I've been running the Wild AM on the front for a year now, I really can't fault it. Had the Force AM on the back as a really fast rolling tyre, worn out now after about 1000km. Wild AM still looks like new. Funnily enough on the big G15 the Force worked fine due to the length of the bike, but on my new bike with shorter chainstays I notice it lacks grip.

I think I might try the Wild AM front and rear, dry and dusty crap pretty much sums up the tracks up here in SEQ!
I've run both Wild AM front/Wild AM rear and Wild AM front/Force AM rear.

The bike is definetely slower on the double Wild setup, not hugely so but I found it noticeable.

Reactions: BB1

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Front or rear? I am interested to try one as a front when my current assegai wears out.
Rear. Running Assegai DH on the front . The soft DH Dissector is showing a bit of wear after 3 shuttle days but looks like it will easily do much more. Mostly taken all the braking edges off.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I haven't compared them on the trail, so don't expect an in depth comparison. But here's a set of 2.4 onza ibex/citius and a set of 2.5 maxxis dhf/dhr. The onzas are a good few mm wider than the maxxis, and have a very similar tread pattern happening.

The dhf/dhr combo is a go to for a lot of people, well worth a look at onza's take on them if the price is comparable...

(The Maxxis are on the wider rim too btw)

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Anyone have experience with the WTB Trail Boss? I'm thinking of getting one for the rear, with the Tough casing, as a bit more protection after my recent rim carnage, to replace the Exo DHF I've been using. Is the Fast Rolling compound the way to go? I need all the help I can get in that department.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

Flow-Rider

Burner
Anyone have experience with the WTB Trail Boss? I'm thinking of getting one for the rear, with the Tough casing, as a bit more protection after my recent rim carnage, to replace the Exo DHF I've been using. Is the Fast Rolling compound the way to go? I need all the help I can get in that department.
I've only owned the TCS Tough Fast Rolling for a few months, the casing is definitely stronger and thicker than an EXO. One thing I'm not sure of as I changed the sealant to a different brand but the side wall slightly sweated for a few rides and then stopped. It's fast rolling on hard pack but can be slightly draggy on the softer dirt, it's got great climbing ability on rock climbs with the nibbing and brakes really well on all surfaces. It's all all-rounder trail tyre like they state.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Has anyone tried moving their worn Assegai from front to rear?

I'm running Assegai 2.5 DD front and DHF 2.5 DD rear, but the DHF keeps wearing out too quick as (I think) i keep getting DD in maxxgrip. So was thinking given the front looking like it is a bit worn, move it to back and go fresh Assegai up front.