All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
AliExpress shipping is weird, bought 2 small bike parts from the same seller. Posted 1 item the next day. The other item 2 days later, 4 weeks later the item he posted last arrives first. 3 weeks later the other part arrives. No idea why they didn't go in the same padded bag.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I did two orders on approx 22 August - one from 'Fighter Store' - seal drivers and fork seals and the other from 'Outdoor Adventure Sportslife Store' - 54T ratchet upgrade for DT Swiss hubs.

The ratchets arrived on Friday (less than a month!) and appeared to be pretty good quality and I have done a couple rides on so far without an issue, they are a bit louder than the old ratchets but was expected and have made a difference with quicker engagement compared to the standard (18T?). Still carrying the original ones in my pack just in case...

The other order appears to have not even left China yet....

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
Note: all prices below include the shipping and GST. So it might look a little cheaper on the site and then they add gst at the checkout.
FYI: Aliexpress have a big sale around November 11 so there could be some bargains.

Name: MTB Mountain Road Bike Bicycle Brake Cable Gear House Tube Housing
Price: $6.57 (including delivery, gst, etc..) for 2 meters
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000287310184.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.599b4c4dVSqnOA

Review: Good quality.

Name: N03a Resin
Price: $52.27 for 2 pairs (only a little cheaper than bikebug who were out of stock)
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001436863831.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.599b4c4dVSqnOA

Review: The genuine article. Not much cheaper than some Australian sellers, but the only places that had stock in Australia were charging ~$40 for a pair.

Name: 1pc MTB Disc Brake Pads Adjusting Tool Bicycle Pads Spacer
Price: $3.40
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32954590894.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.599b4c4dVSqnOA

Review: I used to use business cards, but this was cheap so figured why not.

Name: RIM Tape
Price: $7.15 for 31mm width x 10m
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32956609770.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.599b4c4dVSqnOA

Review: Does the job. Can’t fault it and good glue.

Name: Bicycle Repair Tools Bike Spoke Tension Meter Measures Tension Adjuster
Price: $28.53
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001265830206.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.599b4c4dAEFk0J

Review: Haven’t really used this much, seems ok.

Name: Portable Handheld Survival Chain Saw Emergency Chainsaw
Price: $14.16
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32964976535.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dIKO2rY

Review: Absolutely fantastic. Everyone should get one of these !! Very light. I have comfortably cut through 20cm diameter logs. You could cut through even thicker stuff if you want to put the effort in and can put pressure on the log so it doesn’t get pinched when cutting. Great for those irritating logs across the trail or low hanging vines.

Name: Bicycle Fork Seal Driver Tool Kit Fork Seal Installation Tool
Price: $25.52 for a 38/40mm tool
URL: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000923785938.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d192dDA

Review: Good quality. Haven’t used it yet as the 38 forks are still new. Infinitely better than any diy methods using pvc pipe, etc..

coarselanguagw

Likes Dirt
Aliexpress are having one of their big yearly sales today, "11.11 Singles day".
Sale starts from 7pm tonight.
You can probably find discounts of around 10% depending on what you buy.

If you sign up with using my referral link here you can get a bunch of their 'coupons' that might help you save a little extra. Again depends on what you buy. Note, I benefit from anyone who signs up and orders using this link.

If you want to roll the dice with delivery these could make for some great stocking stuffers.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Well wanted to update the young fella's Aldi bike so I ordered some Udin 32 RL 120mm Air 29er forks. Figured $180 buck might be worth a shot. 6 weeks later they turned up so not too bad.

These are lighter than the Suntour coil forks and first impression is pretty good (I'm no expert). Nice and smooth, rebound adjustments seem to adjust rebound and it hold air, bonus of a spare set of seals. It'll be interesting to see how they go after he smashes a few jumps.

Last edited:

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
All good. How's the build quality look?
Bit early to tell. Looks well machined and no knock in stanchions. Visibly better than what it replaced. The grease is pretty low quality so will be interesting to pull apart and see what's going on after a bit of use. If I was real keen I'd put some decent oil and slickolium in now, but frankly that wont happen (I have fresh seal for my forks so will eventually get around to doing both).

Shredden

Knows his goats

Attachments

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Bit early to tell. Looks well machined and no knock in stanchions. Visibly better than what it replaced. The grease is pretty low quality so will be interesting to pull apart and see what's going on after a bit of use. If I was real keen I'd put some decent oil and slickolium in now, but frankly that wont happen (I have fresh seal for my forks so will eventually get around to doing both).
Well as an update - the quality of these wont take the world by storm. Looks like there is basically no bushing other than the wiper seal. After a month of pretty constant and hard use they started getting pretty slow and wearing thru the stanchion paint, gumming up with a grey paste of grease and ?? paint/metal ??. A quick service and they are back to being very smooth, but after a few runs on some admittedly 'serious' tails (a half day at Forrest) and normal use over a couple of weeks I can see the build up happening again, meaning you'd have to change the grease fairly often and it don't bode well for longevity. Not a surprise really so I'll call it a failed experiment. They 'may' be ok for light use but prob not.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
A few recent aliexpress purchases of mine...

New Monarch. Holds pressure, all adjusters work. Doesn't come with volume bands. Was for a mate's older bike, no issues after a few rides.

Steel axle for novatec rear hub. Was hoping to prolong the life of my cheap novatec hub so picked this up. Seems to be genuine, made in Taiwan. Measures 12x147.7 so pretty close to 148 (closer than the original alloy one).

2 self-contained rockbros bike lights. A V6-800 model and V9m-1000, 800 and 1000lm claimed. To my untrained eye they look to be as claimed. Definitely brighter than the ebay specials I've had for a few years now. Might actually be able to see where I'm riding at night now. Will find out Thursday when out for a night ride.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Why is it that I can't seem to find tubeless valves that allow me to buy more than one?
What is this one per person stuff?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Why is it that I can't seem to find tubeless valves that allow me to buy more than one?
Try adding different styles and colours.

Funny, I ordered from that exact seller a few weeks ago, tried to order about 10-12 sets, it would only let me order 1 of each colour or length without adding $10 for multiple valves of the same kind.
No big deal on colour as they'll only end up in my boys mates wheels.

Very strange.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

View attachment 373472
Can you message/e-mail them and get them to do a custom listing for you? I'm sure they're happy to sell you as many as you are willing to buy...