All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Non-bike related, but I bought this as a inconspicuous bird spike alternative (the ones from bunnings are eleventy inches long) for the pergola cross beams.

I ordered one initially (I measured and thought one sheet would suffice) postage took over 2 months and I started thinking that was a dud purchase. But it turned up. Installed it all then realised I needed another sheet. First one turned up so I ordered again. Second one turned up too, but took FKN AGES, just under 4 months.

Has kept the birds away though.

AU $1.07 30%OFF | 1PC Transparent Cat Repellent Mat Outdoor Scat Mat Garden Anti-cat Net Pet Deterrent Mat Train Spike Plant Protection Mesh

View attachment 391654

View attachment 391655
Doesn't look half as bad as Lego to step on and a shit tonne cheaper, chapeau

crash3

Likes Dirt
I got one of these also. Fits in the bar nicely and I couldn't hear it rattle once I got the bar end cap tension right. I just used the threads on my existing bar end caps and it went on. No lube.

I thought the bar end caps were included? If you need to black end cap thingys then I can send you mine ones. They are unused.

Let me know or PM me and I will pop them in the post.
It was one of the options that I didn't include it seems. You have to pay attention on Ali when you order, the photo you select shows exactly what you get, each listing usually has a few options.

Thanks heaps for that mate, I'll PM you

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It was one of the options that I didn't include it seems. You have to pay attention on Ali when you order, the photo you select shows exactly what you get, each listing usually has a few options.

Thanks heaps for that mate, I'll PM you
No problem. Ali ordering can be a bit tricky. I think they might put the cheapest item first on the list so it gives them the cheapest price when you do a search. Still a great place to find generic bike goodies.

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A while back I purchased some chains from our mates at AliExpress and was warned about them by someone (potentially @ozzybmx but I cbf'd looking) . The warning was about how they stretch, would only last a week, rust and were of questionable quality.
Well, he was totally wrong. Couldn't have been more wrong.
It didn't even last the test ride, junior (who is hard on the gear I must admit) broke it in the driveway. Made of steel with the same Rockwell hardness as cheese, total rubbish.
For reference, this was a Shimano (Shitmano?) knock off. KMC's are still ok at this point.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A while back I purchased some chains from our mates at AliExpress and was warned about them by someone (potentially @ozzybmx but I cbf'd looking) . The warning was about how they stretch, would only last a week, rust and were of questionable quality.
Well, he was totally wrong. Couldn't have been more wrong.
It didn't even last the test ride, junior (who is hard on the gear I must admit) broke it in the driveway. Made of steel with the same Rockwell hardness as cheese, total rubbish.
For reference, this was a Shimano (Shitmano?) knock off. KMC's are still ok at this point.
The 007 bikestore sells the geniune shimano parts, sometimes the price isn't much different to what you pay locally. It's just the pick of the draw when you buy from new unknown vendors.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Cheap hub purchase and clear lenses for my 100% not 100% Armega's.

View attachment 389421

View attachment 389422

View attachment 389423

View attachment 389424

View attachment 389425

We shall see how long the freehub lasts, otherwise no glaringly obvious manufacturing issues.

AU $33.12 39%OFF | ARC Boost Hub 4 Bearings MTB Hub 6 Pawls 3 Teeth 15x110 12x148 for Micro Spline 12S Shimano 8-12S Sram XD 12S Bicycle BIke Hub
Cheap hub survived an actual mtb bike ride with real hills! No disconcerting ping/creak/crack noises. Ratchet not too noisy and good engagement. Works as advertised. Decent longevity will be interesting.

Clear lense for the "not 100%" Goggles were good. No anti-fog properties, but with my previous goggles I've just cleaned them with an anti-fog window cleaner which works well.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
So folks, I had a search in the thread and couldn't find anything. Has anyone ordered a ZTTO Wheelset from Ali recently?

I'm after a cheap set of wheels for commuting duties on the Marino hardtail. My usual go-to, the cheap Shimano wheels (had a few on previous commuters and all lasted far longer than ever expected!) are out of stock until about the year 2040 or so (basically anything in the MT50x/MT60x range).

Weight isn't a concern, Microspline is preferred (32t chainring really needs a 10th cog for commuting duties), 6-bolt/CL is fine either way

Came across these (and a few variants) - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003683868438.html

Will I die?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have been using these rotors for 9 months now 3 rides a week. No problems no noise work well with my Shimano M 520 brakes. 1.9mm wide.
The only thing I'd knock them on is the back of the rivets are mild steel and they rust if you ride through a lot of water, but they're great value for money.