All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

moorey

call me Mia
but I guess we can ask u how many Ali cassettes equal one gx?
U take a weight penalty for running a deore level cassette. It’s aimed at the crowd that would view a cassette as more of an expense rather than a consumable. Aka a tight arse
The 9-42 Ali is 20g heavier than a GX.
You’re welcome to make wanky value judgments….but are you skimping on your own daily riders where possible to save money to support your kids racing?
Asking for a friend.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
The 9-42 Ali is 20g heavier than a GX.
You’re welcome to make wanky value judgments….but are you skimping on your own daily riders where possible to save money to support your kids racing?
Asking for a friend.
It’s not a wanky value purchase. Buy a deore level drivetrain and be done with it.
Ur excuse of it’s good, unless it’s for racing is completely flawed. If it can’t make it through a day of 30km riding where you have support at the bottom of the hill, why would you risk it when out on a trail ride.
you’ve spent more money and time on these shitty cassettes when you could’ve either got a deore cassette and gone riding or done 3hours extra work to get the gx
We all make stupid purchases to try and save a dollar (I once purchased e13 tyres and crank brothers products) but fuck me craigos why don’t you learn from it.

moorey

call me Mia
It’s not a wanky value purchase. Buy a deore level drivetrain and be done with it.
Ur excuse of it’s good, unless it’s for racing is completely flawed. If it can’t make it through a day of 30km riding where you have support at the bottom of the hill, why would you risk it when out on a trail ride.
you’ve spent more money and time on these shitty cassettes when you could’ve either got a deore cassette and gone riding or done 3hours extra work to get the gx
We all make stupid purchases to try and save a dollar (I once purchased e13 tyres and crank brothers products) but fuck me craigos why don’t you learn from it.
Bahaha. In 2021/2022 I did like 13000km and 350000 climbing on the MTB training for the TransNZ. 90% was on the Ali 9-42 cassettes without a missed beat across 3 bikes. Tell me what I’m meant to learn from again?
Just because you made expensive silly purchases that failed on you, doesn’t mean I have.
I certainly don’t skimp on my bikes, but I don’t over spend on things I don’t need to for the sake of vanity.;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bahaha. In 2021/2022 I did like 13000km and 350000 climbing on the MTB training for the TransNZ. 90% was on the Ali 9-42 cassettes without a missed beat across 3 bikes. Tell me what I’m meant to learn from again?
Just because you made expensive silly purchases that failed on you, doesn’t mean I have.
I certainly don’t skimp on my bikes, but I don’t over spend on things I don’t need to for the sake of vanity.;)
Could've spent more on your plastic surgery though. It's hard work just looking at you sometimes...

(@Jpez - am I doing this right?) :p

frenchman

U just purchased an Ali express cassette that isn’t what you thought was pictured and is comparable to deore in cost.
It’s ok to admit ur wrong sometimes craigos, it’s how u learn.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
U just purchased an Ali express cassette that isn’t what was pictured and is comparable to deore in cost.
A deore is $160+, and I wanted an XD cassette for the spare wheel (it’s cost me $70, has better range, and is lighter)
You spoke of learning from mistakes. Can you at least give it a chance to fail before being a flog about it?
If it fails spectacularly or shifts poorly, I’ll let you know.
That’s what this thread is specifically for, is it not? Thanks for your concern.:cool:

moorey

call me Mia
Thats nearly 1000vm of climbing every day of the year.

Not questioning your number but thats a fair effort.
Except it’s over 2 years. And check your math.
Runkeeper reads consistently around 10% lower than Strava. I didn’t have strava in 2021.
IMG_0473.jpeg
IMG_0471.jpeg

frenchman

A few of the cogs folded on this one I bought.

View attachment 400166
You spoke of learning from mistakes. Can you at least give it a chance to fail before being a flog about it?
If it fails spectacularly or shifts poorly, I’ll let you know.
That’s what this thread is specifically for, is it not? Thanks for your concern.:cool:

That’s exactly what this thread is for. As @CHEWY already said, it failed on him. U can learn from someone else’s mistakes as well.

you were offered a refund and still didn’t take it. I think it says more about you than ur climbing stats m8;)

IMG_2664.jpeg

moorey

call me Mia
That’s exactly what this thread is for. As @CHEWY already said, it failed on him. U can learn from someone else’s mistakes as well.

you were offered a refund and still didn’t take it. I think it says more about you than ur climbing stats m8;)

View attachment 400187
No need to be so bitter and butthurt man. I have NFI why you’d even hang out in a thread populated by peasants.

Other than to gloat. Oh wait. Answered my own question.

frenchman

No need to be so bitter and butthurt man. I have NFI why you’d even hang out in a thread populated by peasants.

Other than to gloat. Oh wait. Answered my own question.
man if you ever just want to talk I’m a pm away.

On topic, These fork foam rings have been good. used in both fox and Rockshox and I just swap them out every lowers

IMG_2666.jpeg

Got these to replace the busted master cylinders in various Shimano brakes.
No dice, after a week or two of riding they all continued to leak and have variable bite point. I think it may have been caused by the bore in the lever being too flogged out. Tried in 2 xt and 2 slx levers.
IMG_2667.jpeg

This ztto BB still smooth but was creaking immediately. Frame is a
Kona honzo, Shimano xt cranks.. could just be press fit or me being a hack putting it together
IMG_2669.jpeg

Sram centreline rotors not something I would usually get from Ali but I think a stamped bit of steel should be hard to fuck up.
IMG_2670.jpeg

These 11 speed sram jockey wheels seem to be running ok. I’m only using them on the commuter though, but there doesn’t seem to be excess noise or degradation in shifting Quality compared to OEM.
IMG_2671.jpeg