All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ah, QR front needed too? Dang, probably not convertible
I’ve found a Novatec qr hub with xd on Aliexpress for not much more than the ztto hub, so the build your own option is getting more tempting. Would just need to wait for the hub to turn up and then order spokes locally.

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve found a Novatec qr hub with xd on Aliexpress for not much more than the ztto hub, so the build your own option is getting more tempting. Would just need to wait for the hub to turn up and then order spokes locally.
There will be an online spoke calculator if you know model, and rim.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Ah, QR front needed too? Dang, probably not convertible
Adaptable maybe?

Novatec would be perfectly fine for a commuter.
Which model hub is it? I've built a couple of wheels with Novatec hubs and have a notebook with dimensions (flange diameter, locknut to flange, etc). The online calculators don't always have Novatec listed, not since I last looked anyway.
I usually plug in the numbers manually here:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Adaptable maybe?

Novatec would be perfectly fine for a commuter.
Which model hub is it? I've built a couple of wheels with Novatec hubs and have a notebook with dimensions (flange diameter, locknut to flange, etc). The online calculators don't always have Novatec listed, not since I last looked anyway.
I usually plug in the numbers manually here:
The one I’m looking at is D792SB.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Damn, just looked at my notebook and I've only built a D882SB rear.
If you can decipher the explosion diagram here, you could use the dimensions in the aforementioned spoke calculator link.
Thanks for that. I was able to get the measurements no problem and get the details I need.

I’m keen on the self build; looks like I’m going to make my first aliexpress purchase a decent one.