All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
I just picked up some glasses. I was hoping they wouldn't be the huge face shield things, and they're not quite that big, but bigger than standard lenses.

They're the photocromic lenses. They work well enough clear and dark, but I haven't been wearing them on the transition just yet, so I'm not sure how quickly that happens.

They were ordered on 27/10 and they arrived in 08/11, so that's pretty respectable shipping.

They didn't move around while I was on the bike, they were just hard to get on with the helmet already on.

moorey

call me Mia
I just picked up some glasses. I was hoping they wouldn't be the huge face shield things, and they're not quite that big, but bigger than standard lenses.

They're the photocromic lenses. They work well enough clear and dark, but I haven't been wearing them on the transition just yet, so I'm not sure how quickly that happens.

They were ordered on 27/10 and they arrived in 08/11, so that's pretty respectable shipping.

They didn't move around while I was on the bike, they were just hard to get on with the helmet already on.

View attachment 382755
Shipped from China or US?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
This may not end well...

Cheap though.

@ozzybmx convinced me on the Fovno 60t.
Well might be a new record :oops: the 60t fovno spat it's guts out at the 10km mark.

No warning of slipping or teeth jumping. Just seated pedalling up the trail and all of a sudden free wheeling :eek:

The shining light (pun intended) of the ride was the sunshine 11-46t cassette didn't miss a beat.

Attachments

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well might be a new record :oops: the 60t fovno spat it's guts out at the 10km mark.

No warning of slipping or teeth jumping. Just seated pedalling up the trail and all of a sudden free wheeling :eek:

The shining light (pun intended) of the ride was the sunshine 11-46t cassette didn't miss a beat.
It may well be a record.

Ah also... @fjohn860 pointed out they were down to $30, so I bought another one :oops:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
$60 per 20km will get expensive pretty quick
I have 470km on my first one, been carrying the 18t waiting for failure but it hasn't missed a beat so far.

Makes me wonder if the high pivot bike with no pedal kickback is prolonging the life... belting down a trail, freewheeling and taking hits could be chunking the teeth up.

... dont really know, maybe a bit of luck.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Makes me wonder if the high pivot bike with no pedal kickback is prolonging the life... belting down a trail, freewheeling and taking hits could be chunking the teeth up.

... dont really know, maybe a bit of luck.
That is an intriguing point you make. Could be something in it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
How is that 9-46 lightweight cassette going @Jpez ? About to pull the trigger on one with the 11/11 sale
It’s fine. I’ve put 100’s kilometres on it so far and I like to stand up up and mash hills and my mechanical sympathy isnt great. I think the Sram Gx 11sp cassette might be a tad smoother in the shift but gee I really have to be paying attention to notice. @moorey is still not loving his. Wether that’s to do with his Shimano shifting gear vs my Sram no idea. I do notice it’s a bit grabby if I back pedal in the stand but in real life I don’t notice it.
Would I put it on the bike for the Trans Tas enduro? Not on your life.
But overall I’m pretty happy happy with mine and would buy again.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
It’s fine. I’ve put 100’s kilometres on it so far and I like to stand up up and mash hills and my mechanical sympathy isnt great. I think the Sram Gx 11sp cassette might be a tad smoother in the shift but gee I really have to be paying attention to notice. @moorey is still not loving his. Wether that’s to do with his Shimano shifting gear vs my Sram no idea. I do notice it’s a bit grabby if I back pedal in the stand but in real life I don’t notice it.
Would I put it on the bike for the Trans Tas enduro? Not on your life.
But overall I’m pretty happy happy with mine and would buy again.
Why would you buy it again if you don’t think it could survive a week worth of riding? Or is it more for putting on an old bike to sell?

Jpez

Down on the left!
Why would you buy it again if you don’t think it could survive a week worth of riding? Or is it more for putting on an old bike to sell?
Because chances are it’s going to be fine. Running it an hour out two from home is not an issue if it craps out. But taking it on a once in a lifetime trip for me is not worth the risk of being put out of action because I bend the 46 or something. After all it’s still a cheap Chinese cassette that looks like it can run with the big boys but you never know.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Because chances are it’s going to be fine. Running it an hour out two from home is not an issue if it craps out. But taking it on a once in a lifetime trip for me is not worth the risk of being put out of action because I bend the 46 or something. After all it’s still a cheap Chinese cassette that looks like it can run with the big boys but you never know.
Sounds like we still need to pony up the extra $ and get a Shimano or Sram xd.