All my Aliexpress MTB purchases reviewed.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had some more orders turn up.

Out of curiosity, I ordered some smooth ground Ali Gear cables. They're slightly under the claimed 1.2 mm diameter but definitely a smoother finish than Shimano cables when you run your finger nail along them, I tried a few different level Shimano cables for comparison too. I might add that the Shimano cables I had all measure around 1.5 mm in diameter too. Overall, they look fairly good.

View attachment 385093View attachment 385094

Next were the III Pro rotors, the overall finish looks fairly good on them for a budget type rotor, and there's a bit of a warning on the packaging that I expect that they'll live up to. The back side of the rivets aren't all uniform, which might be a bit of a dodge, but I suppose time will tell.

View attachment 385096View attachment 385098
Pleased to see I ma not the only one who hasn't quit using Venier calipers.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Just had another order turn up, everything looks good.

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Anyone had any luck finding bike specific derailleur hangers on Ali? All I can find is shitloads of pictures without any description and I don't really want to have to make a ‘best-guess’ at something like that. Cheers

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Anyone had any luck finding bike specific derailleur hangers on Ali? All I can find is shitloads of pictures without any description and I don't really want to have to make a ‘best-guess’ at something like that. Cheers
Yes, I grabbed a 2 pack of Canyon Spectral hangers as a 2nd and 3rd spare for the hackers bike.

Number 26

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again

Minlak

custom titis
Was having good luck with AliExpress orders but the last few have been wrong - Every seller I contact goes though the same drawn out process of wanting pictures - then wants pictures on the bike then ghosts me - Has not been much money and couldn't be stuffed doing anything - Latest order was blatantly wrong again and was $50 purchase - Did not even involve the seller just lodged a PayPal dispute - Notice today that according to AliExpress my order has been frozen and I can't do anything with it - I assume this is to stop people double dipping on complaints - i sent pictures and now seller wants pictures - No way I am paying freight back to China for an item they sent wrong - However I noticed the fine print today on purchases that tell you refunds only if buyer pays postage back lol - Hopefully PayPal isn't scared of China

moorey

call me Mia
Was having good luck with AliExpress orders but the last few have been wrong - Every seller I contact goes though the same drawn out process of wanting pictures - then wants pictures on the bike then ghosts me - Has not been much money and couldn't be stuffed doing anything - Latest order was blatantly wrong again and was $50 purchase - Did not even involve the seller just lodged a PayPal dispute - Notice today that according to AliExpress my order has been frozen and I can't do anything with it - I assume this is to stop people double dipping on complaints - i sent pictures and now seller wants pictures - No way I am paying freight back to China for an item they sent wrong - However I noticed the fine print today on purchases that tell you refunds only if buyer pays postage back lol - Hopefully PayPal isn't scared of China
I…I…I have no idea what you’re talking about here.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Was having good luck with AliExpress orders but the last few have been wrong

To be honest (or not honest), AliExpress deals with shit better when you say you didn't receive it at all.

My last issue with loose cassette rivets, I sent them a video of it moving around. Ali reckoned I was due a 50% refund... it's fucked but you are only giving me half my cash back.

They know it's too expensive for us to send back so will give partial refunds.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That's very unlucky, I haven't had a wrong order in years. The 007 shop sent me 1 BB short of an order of 2, and before that I ordered 2 sets of sunnies and 1 set was the wrong colour, and they just refunded the money. I gave away the sunnies to a friend, he reckons they're better than his expensive set.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I ordered something a month ago and it hasn't been shipped. I noticed the seller no longer has the item I ordered listed, so I put in a Paypal dispute. Suddenly the order is showing as frozen. I ended up contacting the seller asking why it was frozen and they claim they have no idea and if I want a refund I have to initiate it by cancelling the order. I'm still waiting on the response from Paypal about my dispute.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ordered the DT240 knock offs :oops:

View attachment 385510
I received the ratchet version of these yesterday. Asked for 36t ratchet instead of 54t and it looks solid, as does the hub. Tolerances aren't quite as tight as DT hubs (axle is a little tight), but more than functional. I've been fairly impressed with the 4 pawl version so far too. It's going fine so far (only 4 rides so far mind), and engagement is quick and smooth.

It'd be more apt to call them a 350 knockoff, weight is slightly more than an equivalent 350 (non-EXP).

Edit: Oh, and despite ordering only the rear, they sent me both front+rear a second time too. Bonus.

Attachments

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
I ordered something a month ago and it hasn't been shipped. I noticed the seller no longer has the item I ordered listed, so I put in a Paypal dispute. Suddenly the order is showing as frozen. I ended up contacting the seller asking why it was frozen and they claim they have no idea and if I want a refund I have to initiate it by cancelling the order. I'm still waiting on the response from Paypal about my dispute.
I went to my PayPal dispute page today and it has that it is awaiting response from seller and there is a 5 day wait for him to respond - so opened complaint on 22nd Jan and PayPal timelines say resolution by 22 Feb lol - it used to be 7 days in the past from start to resolution. They also use terms now like “PayPal will make its decision” and “PayPal will decide” they talk about themselves in the 3rd party a lot

Flow-Rider

Burner
Why don't you use the system Ali has in place? Claiming on paypal will just taint your rating on Ali and they will more than likely award disputes to the seller. I've been using them since 2014 and have had every claim fully refunded except 1, and that was a carbon frame that turned up with the hanger broken, and they refunded the price of the hanger which is fair.